MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Welp, that's that. Officially too small for us, both me and my wife are 6'2". Glad you posted this!
Sorry to hear that! Out of curiosity, what do two 6’2” people + car seats roll in? Or still not clear?

MountainMack

First Edition
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just got my BB+BB 36 hours ago, and I LOVE IT. There is much I could say about the comfort, how smooth it rides, the unexpected power you get in Sport, etc. But I know what everyone’s really asking is what I was asking when I got to the dealership...will it fit two car seats? Answer: yep.

We went to the dealership ready to walk away if it did not meet our family’s needs. It looks a little small from the outside, but the folks at Ford really did do some kind of magic trick with the interior. It’s very spacious; I don’t think I’ve ever had this much headroom. My wife was able to get in and out of the middle seat with both car seats in no problem.

Bottom line: the interior is deceptively spacious!

Note: I’m 5’10” and my wife is 5’3”

Ford Bronco Sport Not one but TWO rear-facing car seats? Yep, it’ll work. 909960FB-D21C-4DC4-9272-F7C5C7C8A660
Side question, but certainly related to kids - have you had any issues with spills getting under the back bench seat? Luckily, all I've dropped is a screw between the upper and lower seat cushions and it ended up under the bench seat. With the front sealed off, I started to look for a way to remove the seat cushions or something to access under the bench. Can't find anything? Just hoping to meet someone who has solved this problem...

MountainMack

First Edition
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Side question, but certainly related to kids - have you had any issues with spills getting under the back bench seat? Luckily, all I've dropped is a screw between the upper and lower seat cushions and it ended up under the bench seat. With the front sealed off, I started to look for a way to remove the seat cushions or something to access under the bench. Can't find anything? Just hoping to meet someone who has solved this problem...
In case anyone finds this and has the same issue (why this isn't in the owner's manual I don't know)...
Here are the steps to removing the seat cushion on all models that don't have the under-seat storage -
1) Open the side door and place one hand on the side of the bench seat and one on the front.
2) Lift straight up until you hear the metal ring disengage from the plastic clip on the frame.
3) Repeat on the other side.
4) Lift the seat cushion out

*It pops back into place just as easily.
Ford Bronco Sport Not one but TWO rear-facing car seats? Yep, it’ll work. Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 9.27.41 PM

Tom House

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
What kind of car do you think you'll get now?
I don't really need a replacement car, I just like the BS. Would have strongly considered getting one but that won't work. My Outback allows the passenger seat to be all the way back and fit a big rear facing car seat behind it. Critical for us.

Tom House

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Sorry to hear that! Out of curiosity, what do two 6’2” people + car seats roll in? Or still not clear?
Subaru Outback fits a car seat with room to spare and passenger seat all the way back. So does my wife's RAV-4. The BS has great headroom, but just isn't long enough inside for tall people. This is super common though.

avane

Big Bend
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
Just to tack onto this further. Finally got to check out a showroom model..
Bottom line, rear facing car seats (mine is a Diona Radian) make the front really cramped.
I’m 5-10 and here are some pictures for ref.

I really wanted to get this but unless I’m willing to let my wife endure a years worth of foot cramps (she’s 5-9), I might have to look at other options (thinking forester)
Ford Bronco Sport Not one but TWO rear-facing car seats? Yep, it’ll work. 3F883727-EB49-4FC8-8C48-9442D6777473
Ford Bronco Sport Not one but TWO rear-facing car seats? Yep, it’ll work. B015192D-87AA-4C69-B66F-535045D0CD25
Ford Bronco Sport Not one but TWO rear-facing car seats? Yep, it’ll work. 20F0801B-6E88-4159-A369-A5D978F99022

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
We have a Mazda CX-9 that solved this problem for us. Now it's getting traded in for the BS because our daughter is older. You can always circle back around to a BS when the babies grow up a bit, and the car seats become upright.
Sponsored