tristanm228

Big Bend
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am interested in trying the Class 6 roads in New Hampshire, what tires do you have on yours?

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

tristanm228

Big Bend
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was taking it easy in those photos because I was on stock tires. Now I'm running 245/65R17 cooper discoverer at3. Loving these,
Ford Bronco Sport NH off road 20211129_120225

And if you wanted to know where all th class 6 roads are, check this out,
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1VL0wBtQhueg3Qfcv6V6e6JpyqEb-mPto&usp=sharing

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?
I am located in Central Connecticut. I definitely want to eventually put on Falkin Wildpeak Tires, but I am not sure if I want to go a size up as I've seen mixed comments about whether the dealership has the ability to recalibrate the speedometer and co pilot sensors. Have you ran into any clearance issues when you were running the stock tire size?

tristanm228

Big Bend
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I also wonder if anyone has made a similar map for the Class 4 roads in Vermont

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I am located in Central Connecticut. I definitely want to eventually put on Falkin Wildpeak Tires, but I am not sure if I want to go a size up as I've seen mixed comments about whether the dealership has the ability to recalibrate the speedometer and co pilot sensors. Have you ran into any clearance issues when you were running the stock tire size?
Clearance issues with the stock tires?Absolutely. Or wheel well clearance with the big ones. Not at all, and I have flexed out the suspension on the trails.
I will say this, I went from all season radials on 18" rims to these Light truck all terrains on 17's, so the difference was significant. However, the only things that are noticeably effected is cornering at speed and acceleration at high speeds. Other than that I am impressed with engine performance and the shifting even seems smoother. I couldn't be happier.
Regardless bigger tires are a give and take. I wanted traction, looks and the added lift so I sacrificed a little noise and some on road performance. The BS is already a very stable and nimble vehicle so for me the sacrifice was small.

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I also wonder if anyone has made a similar map for the Class 4 roads in Vermont
I did find this,
https://vermontroads.net/map

A lot of the terrain in Vermont is pretty steep though. Could be fun.. I'll have to go take a look!

I'm putting together a single vehicle off road recovery kit with all kinds of goodies. Since NH trails are to tight for anything bigger than a BS, Cherokee, wrangler or an FJ, I'll probably be doing a lot of it alone! Lol

tristanm228

Big Bend
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Clearance issues with the stock tires?Absolutely. Or wheel well clearance with the big ones. Not at all, and I have flexed out the suspension on the trails.
I will say this, I went from all season radials on 18" rims to these Light truck all terrains on 17's, so the difference was significant. However, the only things that are noticeably effected is cornering at speed and acceleration at high speeds. Other than that I am impressed with engine performance and the shifting even seems smoother. I couldn't be happier.
Regardless bigger tires are a give and take. I wanted traction, looks and the added lift so I sacrificed a little noise and some on road performance. The BS is already a very stable and nimble vehicle so for me the sacrifice was small.
Yes I was wondering if going up a tire size or two to gain the extra quarter/half inch or ground clearance was needed as the consensus seems that 235 and 245s will fit well, or if it would be fine to tackle these roads with the stock tire size and ground clearance. Southern New Hampshire and Vermont is only an hour and a half-two hours away from me so I would definitely do a day trip once I change the tires. Also, my friend has a summer house in the Rutland area that I occasionally visit during the warmer months so I am looking forward to trying some class 4 roads around there as well. He just recently got a Subaru Crosstrek that he wants to try taking off the beaten path as well. Would you be interested in doing a trail meetup in the future? My friend and I have zero experience off roading so we have been trying to find someone with experience and you can only learn so much from YouTube.

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yes I was wondering if going up a tire size or two to gain the extra quarter/half inch or ground clearance was needed as the consensus seems that 235 and 245s will fit well, or if it would be fine to tackle these roads with the stock tire size and ground clearance. Southern New Hampshire and Vermont is only an hour and a half-two hours away from me so I would definitely do a day trip once I change the tires. Also, my friend has a summer house in the Rutland area that I occasionally visit during the warmer months so I am looking forward to trying some class 4 roads around there as well. He just recently got a Subaru Crosstrek that he wants to try taking off the beaten path as well. Would you be interested in doing a trail meetup in the future? My friend and I have zero experience off roading so we have been trying to find someone with experience and you can only learn so much from YouTube.
Absolutely!
I used to have a heavily modified jeep Cj7. I'm no pro but going out with multiple vehicles and spotters really helps.
Have you seen this!? It's nothing that I would ever attempt, but it's definitely a confidence booster for the BS!!
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/off-roading-rock-crawling-video-of-bronco-sport-badlands-on-hrg-1-5-lift-kit-and-245s.4648/#post-79347
Sponsored