McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
Class II tow package is $395 on everything I've seen, the BL base price looks right to date (no increase on their Build and Price yet though?).

Anyway good grief, they already just raised prices $160 in December. But I have to admit, while I've always thought I was a pretty sharp customer, I've *never* had so much product information and pricing data at my fingertips ever before. Are these frequent little nibbling price increases common in the industry?
I can’t say with any authority from any marketing experience of my own, but my guess is sales have outpaced expectations, and they don’t want to leave money on the table. A sharp increase though might make more noise than they would like.
Sponsored

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
Like Mal said, grab some popcorn...

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think it will greatly effect it. If this is what they do and how the manage the BS, the full size will be much worse. Grab some popcorn.
Even as it is, the Bronco is a giant tank that creates a visceral reaction(!), is extremely capable, yet makes no financial nor practical sense at all for my use as a practical daily driver/hauler *and* weekender on the trail. My Black Diamond 2-door would be over $44K with tiny rear seats and almost no cargo room, and for what? More money for that 3500lb trailer I'm going to need to actually *do* anything with it. And the maintenance and parts...I've already had that $$ experience $$ with my F-150 -- driving it around alone and empty 99% of the time. And where's the EPA mpg estimates on that thing? If you think 21/26/23 is 'bad,' just wait! Now if you don't care about these things, more power to you. I can *afford* to "go big" and pay for it, but I still, like with my F-150, would cringe every time at the pump, the brake shop, the tire shop, and so on. If it were actually on lots today, I'd have bought that Black Diamond already -- and it would have been another regrettable mistake, probably.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Even as it is, the Bronco is a giant tank that creates a visceral reaction(!), is extremely capable, yet makes no financial nor practical sense at all for my use as a practical daily driver/hauler *and* weekender on the trail. Now if you don't care about these things, more power to you. I can *afford* to "go big" and pay for it, but I still, like with my F-150, would cringe every time at the pump, the brake shop, the tire shop, and so on. If it were actually on lots today,
Your F-150 experience resembles my reasoning in 2006 to ditch the 4x4 and buy my Escape + utility trailer. I was already lamenting dragging an empty truck bed back and forth on my commute everyday with my F-150, then gas hit $4.50 in my area for regular unleaded and that's when I bought my Escape.
Another issue with the Bronco is dealing with that big ass tire on the back. In the way and not necessary to be there for my needs.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought I wouldn't mind the wheel on the back, thinking I'd rather have the interior cargo space (still thinking what if I swap the full-size for the mini spare so I can lower the cargo floor on the BL, will that work or do I need to swap out the cargo floor piece too? It has a big descending lip on it near the bumper. Best of both worlds, keep the full-size in the garage and limp home to it, take the full-size on the trail?). Glad it's not slung underneath with a rusted winch cable like my F-150 was. But the point -- you have to open that rear hatch/gate either way, with that giant tire on it Over and over...I get the swing out arrangement (ex. Bronco, Wrangler), just not sure I want to live with that day-to-day. I could get a pretty bare BRONCO Big Bend for about the cost of a fully loaded BS Badlands -- but for the price of giving up all that loaded BL+BL offers (and the savings on parts/repairs, gas, etc.) for the privilege of riding around big and looking good doing it, I just don't know.

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Gets Price Bumps On Various Trims, Accessories (fordauthority.com)

Set to go into effect on February 24th, 2021, the changes represent the first time that Ford has extended the price increases to some options and accessories.

2021 Ford Bronco Sport Price Increases
TRIM LEVELORIGINAL PRICENEW PRICE
Big Bend$28,320$28,420
Outer Banks$32,320$32,420
Badlands$32,820$32,920
Options
Class II Trailer Tow Package$495$545
18" Machined-Face Aluminum Ebony Black-Painted Wheels$595$645
Accessories
Liftgate Privacy Curtain$109$110
Center Console Vault$338$340
First Aid Kit$38$40
Assistance Kit – On-Road$59$60
Assistance Kit – Off-Road$179$210
Interior Bike Rack$238$240
Mudflaps Kit Front$339$340
Mudflaps Kit Rear$339$340
Mudflaps Kit Front And Rear$678$680
Fender Flare Kit I$499$500
Fender Flare Kit II$499$500
if you ordered already Ford has thedeal guarantee. I noticed at the end there is a May 10 date for certain changes they made like the moonroof option. My build date is May 10. It was pushed back because of parts shortages. so I wonder if that had anything to do with parts shortages as well as customer demand.

OP
OP
Huntyeraws

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
if you ordered already Ford has thedeal guarantee. I noticed at the end there is a May 10 date for certain changes they made like the moonroof option. My build date is May 10. It was pushed back because of parts shortages. so I wonder if that had anything to do with parts shortages as well as customer demand.
I think you might be right. That too is also my build week for my BB with BB package order (which includes moonroof and I also ordered a trailer package) for which there have been reported delays in part availability

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Hopefully because the moonroof was part of a package which you now have the choice to pick with or without it will speed things up a little bit. I wonder if they will notify people who are in the system that they can change their order.
Sponsored