broncoben

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I currently have a 2021 Badlands with Badlands package. I’m looking to replace the stock Pirellis with Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s. However, I’m torn between the 235 and 245 sizes. Does anyone have 245’s on a BL and would you mind sharing you experience? Would I need a lift for the 245’s?

In terms of usage, I’m usually dealing with some snow for about 3 months per year. Most of my driving is highway, but I do get into some moderate off-roading roughly 10-15 days per year.
Sponsored

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I have 245/65/17, not At3W, they're AT Trail . No rubs when turning, fully locked to wither side. My car is not lifted.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My BL came with Falken AT3 235's and they were great tires. I replaced with 245 BFG KO2's for more traction off road. No rubbing issues. I would lean toward the 245 Falkens. A little more contact patch and a little more traction. Would still be quiet on the highway. When I picked up my BL from the tires shop and was driving home with the KO2"s aired to 45psi, I was second guessing myself. Thinking maybe I should have gotten 245 Wildpeaks. Lowering the pressure to 34 psi made things much better. Good luck, either of your choices between these two tires is good.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
It is pretty much universally accepted that a 245/65/17 will fit a Badlands with the stock, and many other, 17 inch wheels.

I would like to point out that Ford spec'd the 235/65/17, Falken Wildpeak AT3W as the OEM upgraded tire and that it's construction and weight differ from the 245's. The 235's have a 4 ply casing and weigh 31 lbs. but the 245's have a 6 ply, Heavier duty, casing and weigh 39 lbs.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Big Bend with the 245 AT3W’s. No lift, no rub. Don’t know about off-roading and articulation though.

I went with the biggest tire I could without rubbing, pretty much for looks but will be functional in MN winters.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It is pretty much universally accepted that a 245/65/17 will fit a Badlands with the stock, and many other, 17 inch wheels.

I would like to point out that Ford spec'd the 235/65/17, Falken Wildpeak AT3W as the OEM upgraded tire and that it's construction and weight differ from the 245's. The 235's have a 4 ply casing and weigh 31 lbs. but the 245's have a 6 ply, Heavier duty, casing and weigh 39 lbs.
Could you explain the weight factor in the decision making?

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Could you explain the weight factor in the decision making?
All else being equal a heavier tire will accelerate slower and have a longer stopping distance.

Keep in mind the 245's are slightly taller too, which will also make it a little slower but you might be able to find a like new set of the 235's, cheap, on this site, as some people are opting to put larger or different tires on their BS.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
All else being equal a heavier tire will accelerate slower and have a longer stopping distance.
In addition, adding to unsprung mass can adversely affect ride quality. The springs and shocks were designed to absorb the energy generated by the OEM wheel/tire combo. A heavier combo adds to the energy these components must handle.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk

Keep in mind the 245's are slightly taller too, which will also make it a little slower but you might be able to find a like new set of the 235's, cheap, on this site, as some people are opting to put larger or different tires on their BS.
There will probably be a noticable hit in MPG with a 8lb heavier tire.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Thanks Bluebaru!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I would go with the 245. Yes you have a little weight issue, etc. but overall I see no problem with it. I have taken many OEM vehicles up, such as my FJ cruiser with minimal impact and always well worth it

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I would go with the 245. Yes you have a little weight issue, etc. but overall I see no problem with it. I have taken many OEM vehicles up, such as my FJ cruiser with minimal impact and always well worth it
Oh for sure a Badlands has plenty of power to run those tires.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have 245/65/17 Falken Rubitrek tires on my Badlands, currently have 8200 miles on them, no issues.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
There will probably be a noticable hit in MPG with a 8lb heavier tire.
I moved from stock Continentals 225’s to Yokohama Geolandar 235’s and that added 5 pounds per tire.
as far as I can tell no loss in mpg’s, no loss in acceleration feel.
Just oodles more wet road traction and stability. With a snow rating.
I’ve had these for a few years on my 2004 escape, same as the previous all weather tires, no losses only gains.
I suppose If you put on bigger 245’s when your BS is really new and the engine is not broken in you will never notice any mpg loss or less acceleration response even on the 1.5L

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I currently have a 2021 Badlands with Badlands package. I’m looking to replace the stock Pirellis with Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s. However, I’m torn between the 235 and 245 sizes. Does anyone have 245’s on a BL and would you mind sharing you experience? Would I need a lift for the 245’s?

In terms of usage, I’m usually dealing with some snow for about 3 months per year. Most of my driving is highway, but I do get into some moderate off-roading roughly 10-15 days per year.
I put 255 55 R18 General Grabber UHP on my OB. No rubbing, but a close fit.

Ford Bronco Sport New Falken Size Recommendation? CAR3.JPG
Sponsored