davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Looks good! I've had my BS for a year and have really enjoyed it. I got the Oxford White but sort of wish I had bought one with some color to it. Maybe next time...

I had the neoprene seat cover and it was awesome for our Great Dane and our Labrador. Two things:
1) make sure you get the right one for your vehicle/seats. There are 3 options iirc
2) pay for the install when you buy it because your dealer must install it at no additional cost. It is a 3 hour install and a pain.
Sorry to get a bit off topic... I asked a dealer about paying for installation. They said if I pay for the installation they will not do it and will charge me their hourly rate of $160 (this was for the keypad they have to program). Another dealer said they also wouldn't do it but would charge me $80 since it only takes about 30 minutes.

Did you get pushback when you paid for the install? I thought I would ask the dealership since if they agree to it, it would be easier to order and have it shipped there.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sorry to get a bit off topic... I asked a dealer about paying for installation. They said if I pay for the installation they will not do it and will charge me their hourly rate of $160 (this was for the keypad they have to program). Another dealer said they also wouldn't do it but would charge me $80 since it only takes about 30 minutes.

Did you get pushback when you paid for the install? I thought I would ask the dealership since if they agree to it, it would be easier to order and have it shipped there.
No. If you order online with installation, they have to install. So, no need to discuss with them as their parts department will tell them install was included. But, service do not like it as it almost always costs more than the amount Ford charges on their site. Hence, when I know a product is much more expensive to install than the Ford accessories site, I try to include the recommendation of including the install.