xred5x

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So I tried searching the forums and couldn’t find anything, so either it isn’t there or my search abilities suck, I’m guessing the latter ?

Anyways, wondering if anyone else is having an issue where the factory navigation won’t verbally give directions. It will show on the screen the street name, then tell me to turn on (nothing).

It will give turn by turn but WILL not say the street name, it just says nothing. Very strange.

Also when I try to tell sync to call someone it will correctly pick the person out of the phone book and ask for confirmation to call “John Smith”.
I say yes then it does nothing. I ask again then it shows on the screen from then out “call . Is that correct?”. From this point it won’t even get names?
Apple car play works but if I try to use the stock system it sucks.

Software is up to date and was also updated by the dealer a few weeks ago. It’s going again tomorrow for another issue and I’m going to complain about the sync again.

Anyone else having similar issues?
It’s a BL with BL package, October build.
Other than this minor issue we’re loving our BS!

Thanks!
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
So I tried searching the forums and couldn’t find anything, so either it isn’t there or my search abilities suck, I’m guessing the latter ?

Anyways, wondering if anyone else is having an issue where the factory navigation won’t verbally give directions. It will show on the screen the street name, then tell me to turn on (nothing).

It will give turn by turn but WILL not say the street name, it just says nothing. Very strange.

Also when I try to tell sync to call someone it will correctly pick the person out of the phone book and ask for confirmation to call “John Smith”.
I say yes then it does nothing. I ask again then it shows on the screen from then out “call . Is that correct?”. From this point it won’t even get names?

Software is up to date and was also updated by the dealer a few weeks ago. It’s going again tomorrow for another issue and I’m going to complain about the sync again.

Thanks!
I think everything you need is in the sync navigation settings....... about half way down the page.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Thanks!
Hello, Aaron!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this navigation concern. Thanks!

OP
OP
xred5x

xred5x

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I think everything you need is in the sync navigation settings....... about half way down the page.
I’ve tried messing with different settings in the navigation and phone. It’s also not just the navigation. The sync also is super glitchy with our phones. It’s very strange.

The only way I can get the vehicle to make a phone call verbally is to use Siri. I either physically plug my phone in or manually go into the phone setting and press the Siri button and use that. The sync voice commands have been useless thus far other than changing a radio station.

Ive had numerous Ford’s so this also isn’t a my first time dealing with sync.

OP
OP
xred5x

xred5x

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Thanks!
UPDATE: took the vehicle in and they said they found TSB 21-2411 which involves the sync problems I mentioned.

Dealer updated sync and everything is finally working properly.

FYI if anyone else has/starts having the same issues.
Sponsored