My First Flat

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Walked out heading to play paddleball this morning and had a flat on the driver’s side rear. I had heard something making noise yesterday and stopped twice to check but saw nothing.

I have to say changing the tire was a breeze once I figured out the jack handle was camouflaged and looked like part of the jack! The nuts weren’t over-torqued and the jack was surprisingly stable and lifted my BS with ease. It looks like I took the edge of a clam shell between the treads and it worked it’s way through, which isn’t too uncommon where I live because there are a lot of shell driveways. Since it’s in the middle of the tread I’m hoping they can plug it.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
They should be able to plug it.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got a flat a few months ago, same as the OP, drivers side rear.

Found out about it when I got a TPMS notification on the dash. Stopped at a gas station and put another 10 pounds of air in it and went to my friendly local Discount Tire store.

They said they were very busy, and it was standing room only for sure. They said an hour to fix it and sure enough, 45 minutes later they said it was done and that they were sorry it took so long but it was hard to find. It was a screw somebody had dropped on the road.

Kudos to Discount Tire who did it quickly and free of charge.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@magicbus, sorry to hear you have a flat. Hopefully it is in a repairable area.

@Flash, thank you for your shout out to the local Discount Tire store. I'm glad to hear they got you in and out quick.
Sponsored