TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
With my morning coffee, it is a must to do a Ford web site BUILD YOUR 2022 BRONCO™ SPORT

Yesterday things changed.. New look at entry to ford.com
Ford Bronco Sport Model Year 2022 Over?  Never Seen This at ford.com Getting Bad.PNG

[Update March 13] This message appears on plain old ford.com. It comes up again, but only for some models (like Bronco Sport).]

As of March 12, I am still waiting on one of two Bronco Sports I have down payments on
  • Bronco Sports Outer Banks on a train (no chip issue) due in a few days.
    • but dealer was awful
  • Bronco Sports Badlands not on train due to arrive one to two weeks out. Finance manager said after looking at dealer only view sait "Not on a hold". Fingers crossed. Nice dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
And here is the proof people where asking me for when I said March 8th was the last day anyone could order a MY 2022 BS.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ordered mine on the 8th. My dealership said it was approved immediately, and I'm assuming that means the COVP was processed right away. Now the wait for scheduling, then (hopefully) production some day.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
With my morning coffee, it is a must to do a Ford web site BUILD YOUR 2022 BRONCO™ SPORT

Yesterday things changed.. New look at entry to ford.com
Ford Bronco Sport Model Year 2022 Over?  Never Seen This at ford.com Getting Bad.PNG

As of March 12, I am still waiting on one of two Bronco Sports I have down payments on
  • Bronco Sports Outer Banks on a train (no chip issue) due in a few days.
    • but dealer was awful
  • Bronco Sports Badlands not on train due to arrive one to two weeks out. Finance manager said after looking at dealer only view sait "Not on a hold". Fingers crossed. Nice dealer.
you made a down payment already? So, you’ve financed a vehicle you do not possess?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
you made a down payment already? So, you’ve financed a vehicle you do not possess?
I found this odd ass well. I placed mine back in Feb, got it exactly the way I wanted it. No dealer markups, no dealer required add-ons, and no down payment at that. I was quite surprised at how easy it was to place an order. Never done that before, hoping for no surprises of course since there is some time before I even see my BS.

OP
OP
TakeTheBlack

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealers where I live want $4000 or more over MSRP and $500 non refundable down payment to "lock" the car for you (they will no longer offer it to anyone else to buy).

So I have two undelivered Bronco Sports VIN's "locked" at two dealerships.
  1. Bronco Sport 1 from Dealer 1 [BadLands ordered by dealer months ago and is "built"] is probably in a parking lot in Hermillos. Dealer 1 charged my credit card $500 to promise not to sell it to anyone else. I am praying it has the Assist+ chip (so they can put it on the train).
  2. Bronco Sport 2 from Dealer 2 [Outer Banks ordered by dealer months ago and is "built" and on a train] has left Hermillos. Dealer 2 charged my credit card $500 to promise not to sell it to anyone else.
I will be out only one of the $500 downpayments when one of the dealers receives "my" vehicle

This is a crazy market for sure. (No I am not paying $4000 over sticker). Paying an extra $500 to go around the custom order process is worth it to me..

Regarding "ownership". (from what I read online for my state) Assuming you are financing, the second you sign the loan document with the finance manager you "own" the car. You are sitting there in a room.. but legally you just drove it off the lot so to speak.

[So.. no I didn't buy it.]

Dmbleist

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Most dealers require an order fee or processing fee to hold the order (mine was $1000 non-refundable)

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Dealers where I live want $4000 or more over MSRP and $500 non refundable down payment to "lock" the car for you (they will no longer offer it to anyone else to buy).

1. Bronco Sport 1 from Dealer 1 [BadLands ordered by dealer months ago and is "built"] is probably in a parking lot in Hermillos. Dealer 1 charged my credit card $500 to promise not to sell it to anyone else. I am praying it has the Assist+ chip (so they can put it on the train).
  2. Bronco Sport 2 from Dealer 2 [Outer Banks ordered by dealer months ago and is "built" and on a train] has left Hermillos. Dealer 2 charged my credit card $500 to promise not to sell it to anyone else.
I will be out only one of the $500 downpayments when one of the dealers receives "my" vehicle

This is a crazy market for sure. (No I am not paying $4000 over sticker). Paying an extra $500 to go around the custom order process is worth it to me..

Regarding "ownership". (from what I read online for my state) Assuming you are financing, the second you sign the loan document with the finance manager you "own" the car. You are sitting there in a room.. but legally you just drove it off the lot so to speak.

That's ridiculous to require a deposit. Bronco Sports are in such high demand that if you didn't want the custom order, many other people will. The dealership isn't going to lose anything. My sales guy even told me that! That's just not very professional.

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Most dealers require an order fee or processing fee to hold the order (mine was $1000 non-refundable)
My dealership didn't require either of those. I have a long standing relationship with both the dealership and salesperson. I'm wondering if that is the difference?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Sorry, but I don’t see the issue. Even in today’s hot housing market you need to put down escrow. If you are really planning to buy it, why not put some skin in the game? I think that has been the issue with the full size Bronco. You could reserve one for $100 completely refundable. Many reserved two. With a little more skin in the game, I think it reduces the tire kickers. My opinion only. I had no issue putting a little money down. Shows faith and no shenanigans at time to pick up either.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's ridiculous to require a deposit. Bronco Sports are in such high demand that if you didn't want the custom order, many other people will. The dealership isn't going to lose anything. My sales guy even told me that! That's just not very professional.
this. My dealer said if you decide you don’t want it, don’t get it. We need the inventory! I paid nothing.

will buy at MSRP.

I should’ve ordered and bought 2. Kept one and flipped one.

OP
OP
TakeTheBlack

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this. My dealer said if you decide you don’t want it, don’t get it. We need the inventory! I paid nothing.

will buy at MSRP.

I should’ve ordered and bought 2. Kept one and flipped one.
Good luck with that.

I naively began my quest for a Bronco Sport three weeks ago..
  1. One dealer said "Buy at Bommarito Ford. Where you never pay over MSRP". They wanted $3000 over MSRP but came down to $2000. They had two models in transit. One was sold 5 minutes after he texted me a photo of the sticker. I almost put down a deposit on the other. I think now, three weeks later it is still there. They wanted 6.9% for any loan.
  2. A second dealer, Lou Fusz Ford in St. Louis, promised they would sell me at MSRP. After a test drive of a Big Bend (on the lot) I spent an hour drinking bad coffee. The final sheet comes is presented. "We have a $1700 doc fee".. I walked out.
  3. Other dealers said "$5000" and I said no thanks. They call back with "OK.. we will sell at MSRP". I did not return the call.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
A second dealer, Lou Fusz Ford in St. Louis, promised they would sell me at MSRP. After a test drive of a Big Bend (on the lot) I spent an hour drinking bad coffee. The final sheet comes is presented. "We have a $1700 doc fee".. I walked out.
I got mine at Clement Ford. $500 below sticker. Check them out.

OP
OP
TakeTheBlack

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine at Clement Ford. $500 below sticker. Check them out.
I drove out there to O’Fallon in the ice storm last month. Before the salesman even opened his computer app he explained how they just don’t make money on Bronco Sports and it would be $4000 over MSRP. After seeing they had none I left. I could almost hear them laughing at me when I slid my way off the lot.
Sponsored