Badlands
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2023
Hi there!
I'm from Brazil, and I bought a new Bronco Sport Wildtrak (Badlands in the USA) a month ago. About 2 weeks later, it started making a noise below the center console, like metal scratching. It's intermittent, happening 2 to 3 times a week, but it's scary. It happens when the car is decelerating at low speeds, staying while the car is stopped and then disappearing. When it accelerates it also disappears. No change in performance. I thought it could be the transmission or the A/C, but I already put it in neutral and the noise continued, the same way when I turned off the A/C. I left the traction on and in other GOAT modes too, but it didn't affect the noise. Yesterday, I left my car at the dealership , but as it is intermittent, it wasn't making any noise (Murphy's law...). I'll leave the video of the noise here, any suggestions as to what it is?

PS: dealerships here in Brazil are not known for their resoluteness, so any suggestions I will pass on to them to help.

Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Silly to ask, but I'll toss it in anyhow...would the noise be from the two cup containers you have in the cup holders?

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
That sounds like something is out of balance on the drive train. Have you hit anything underneath the car?

OP
OP
rjunqueira

rjunqueira

Badlands
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2023
Update: I picked up the car just now, they said it was a piece of the exhaust that was loose. I'll make sure the noise doesn't return.
Sponsored