Max Wheel Size without a lift for my Outer Banks?

paddywampus1

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey guys I want to confirm before going to the shop... Does anyone know if 235/65/18 Falken Wildpeak A/t will without a lift?

Any advice or directions would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone
Sponsored

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Hey guys I want to confirm before going to the shop... Does anyone know if 235/65/18 Falken Wildpeak A/t will without a lift?

Thanks everyone
I have an OB and recently upgraded my tires to BFG Trail Terrain T/A 235/60/18 and no lift. No rubbing whatsoever, but when my wheels are fully turned, there’s a small space. I’d say the size of 2 fingers. I, personally, wouldn’t be comfortable going bigger, but I do hear people putting 245’s on without a lift. I think 235 with the aggressive tires will achieve the look you’re going for.

OP
OP

paddywampus1

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have an OB and recently upgraded my tires to BFG Trail Terrain T/A 235/60/18 and no lift. No rubbing whatsoever, but when my wheels are fully turned, there’s a small space. I’d say the size of 2 fingers. I, personally, wouldn’t be comfortable going bigger, but I do hear people putting 245’s on without a lift. I think 235 with the aggressive tires will achieve the look you’re going for.
So are you thinking the extra sidewall (65 instead of 60) will cause rubbing without a lift?

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are you thinking the extra sidewall (65 instead of 60) will cause rubbing without a lift?
I don’t know for sure because I don’t have that size, but mine is pretty close while still being functional. My husband always uses a tire calculator to see the difference between the original size tires vs the potential size. I believe the 65 is going to make the tire an inch taller, meaning 1/2 inch on all sides so that is a little tighter.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

Ford Bronco Sport Max Wheel Size without a lift for my Outer Banks? 04A4F6AE-768E-410F-B00B-0AFCF9922FC8
Ford Bronco Sport Max Wheel Size without a lift for my Outer Banks? 59DE20C7-199E-4A2B-B75E-C53CEF1EEE6D
Ford Bronco Sport Max Wheel Size without a lift for my Outer Banks? 0A14E5EC-470F-4666-9C6D-EF489EA73644

OP
OP

paddywampus1

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don’t know for sure because I don’t have that size, but mine is pretty close while still being functional. My husband always uses a tire calculator to see the difference between the original size tires vs the potential size. I believe the 65 is going to make the tire an inch taller, meaning 1/2 inch on all sides so that is a little tighter.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

Ford Bronco Sport Max Wheel Size without a lift for my Outer Banks? 04A4F6AE-768E-410F-B00B-0AFCF9922FC8
Ford Bronco Sport Max Wheel Size without a lift for my Outer Banks? 59DE20C7-199E-4A2B-B75E-C53CEF1EEE6D
Ford Bronco Sport Max Wheel Size without a lift for my Outer Banks? 0A14E5EC-470F-4666-9C6D-EF489EA73644
Thanks a lot for this information

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma World.. you a member? I was active on that site when I had my Taco!
No, sorry! My husband uses the tire calculator on it and that was the one he sent me.

Reactions: RRD

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
Thank you!! These are the exact ones I want
I highly recommend, no noticeable road noise increase from the stock tires, my mpg went down by about 2mpg but I added a roof basket, lightbar and nudge bar at the same time which are much more likely culprits for my slight lack in fuel efficiency. I have done some light off roading and they have performed well in the PNW. I got them early March so I haven’t experienced a winter with them yet, but I did get caught in a snowstorm on the pass and they didn’t suck like most tires in the snow.

They also look badass, IMO.

wsclrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Thanks everyone
[/
I highly recommend, no noticeable road noise increase from the stock tires, my mpg went down by about 2mpg but I added a roof basket, lightbar and nudge bar at the same time which are much more likely culprits for my slight lack in fuel efficiency. I have done some light off roading and they have performed well in the PNW. I got them early March so I haven’t experienced a winter with them yet, but I did get caught in a snowstorm on the pass and they didn’t suck like most tires in the snow.

They also look badass, IMO.
QUOTE]
As far as biggest wheel size w/o a lift, these are 20” w/30” Toyo Open Country A/T III’s & there’s no rub.
Ford Bronco Sport Max Wheel Size without a lift for my Outer Banks? EB99975B-59F4-42F2-9D56-0738039B6A75

Ford Bronco Sport Max Wheel Size without a lift for my Outer Banks? 39D3D768-8E02-4956-9149-22EEF8469319
Sponsored