JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Great pics an Great story, thanks so much for sharing.
Sponsored

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
Did you ever have concerns about the battery? Mine is such a battery parasite, I would worry. Used to be we carried extra gas now I will carry extra juice.

OP
OP
jofer

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Did you ever have concerns about the battery? Mine is such a battery parasite, I would worry. Used to be we carried extra gas now I will carry extra juice
I've never had any issues. I meant to carry a battery jump box just in case, but I actually forgot it.

I wouldn't leave the cargo lights on all night or anything, but the newer electronics and led lights are more energy efficient that older systems, so it seems to make up for having more that needs to use the battery after it's shut off, at least in my experience. There are certainly a lot of pumps and whatnot that run for awhile after you shut it off and as soon as you unlock it. Those don't seem to drain the battery significantly, though.

Your milage may vary, of course, and it never hurts to be prepared!

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did you ever have concerns about the battery? Mine is such a battery parasite, I would worry. Used to be we carried extra gas now I will carry extra juice.
I brought my jump starter battery pack but didn't need to use it. Like jofer, I didn't run the lights all night long, but I also didn't really try to conserve power. The BS monitors battery power and will start cutting off features that draw from the battery when you are getting low. I haven't tested whether it'll cut off cargo lights, though. I might try that next time I run the battery down enough for it to turn off FordPass features and the like.