Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Good to know. I’ll try it. Thanks so much!
This happens every few weeks, I'm trying to figure out if it's something I do but its too random to figure out. I'm sure it has to do with an update like the rear tailgate. Its on my list for next service. I have my auto off set to 10seconds so I catch it quick. It happens more with the door handle rather than the key fob. If you turn the power on and off it will reset enough so they shut off. Sorry it's not a solution yet

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
This happens every few weeks, I'm trying to figure out if it's something I do but its too random to figure out. I'm sure it has to do with an update like the rear tailgate. Its on my list for next service. I have my auto off set to 10seconds so I catch it quick. It happens more with the door handle rather than the key fob. If you turn the power on and off it will reset enough so they shut off. Sorry it's not a solution yet
No worries! I’m going to try to see if it happens again and what I did before hand. I used the door handle to lock it when it did happen, so maybe that does have something to do with it. Thanks for the feedback!

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just picked up a sport last week. Same random interior lamp issue mentioned. Tried lamp reset. Didn’t help. Dealer hasn’t heard of this happening.

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I pressed on outer edges of lamps while lights were on and it has not happened again. Fingers crossed.

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hello all, my wife’s Bronco sport will sometimes keep the lights ON, after turning off the vehicle and locking the doors. There is no rhyme or reason that we have noticed. It’s a random thing that we notice, run out to the car unlock, start, turn off, re lock. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas what could cause it and fix it?
Happened to me a couple times idk why....

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Happened to me a couple times idk why....
Just picked up a 22 BS BL on Thursday and this just happened to me this morning. I had locked it with the door handle. Waited like 10 minutes and the DRL were still on. Walked out to the vehicle to make sure I didn’t leave it running and the lights went off. Strange will need to keep an eye on it.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Mine it’s the drls that stay on. Dealer is replacing the light switch in left of steering wheel. Mine has nothing to do with the delay. They just stay on if locked with touch pass on the door handle.

Bluverish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport - Cactus Grey
Not sure if this helps or not, but I did find a temporary solution in my case. (May not be for everyone).

I toggle/rotate the automatic head beam switch one below and back to auto headlights and the lights will actually shut off.

This issue still oddly happens with me

mrfixitmi

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2014 Lincoln MKS
I am not sure if this will be helpful to everyone. We have been fighting the similar issue with our Badlands for months. What we found is that if you opened the flip glass and closed it tightly, the headlamps would go out. I ended up cleaning the latch and the pin on the glass with Deoxit F5, it appeared that the pin near the latch was gummed up, it addition, when we opened the glass, water would drip into the latch that was attached to the tailgate. The pin now moves freely, and the latch is now clean. No more issues with the headlamps staying on within the last 3 1/2 weeks.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I noticed this issue happening alot more when I have the daytime running lights toggled on. When toggled off I've never had this issue. I also just unlock the car and lock it again with the key fob to immediately turn it off. I got into the habit of looking at them before I lock the car to make sure they are off.

coolsan

Outer Banks
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
This happens to me intermittently, they turn off in about 12 minutes from what I’ve timed.
However I noticed another glitch or programming quirk. After the car’s been parked for let’s say an hour, if I unlock only the side marker lights light up, however if I lock and unlock again the DRLs come on as well.
Is there any logic behind this, are all Broncos created equal?
The video sequence is unlock-lock-unlock
Sponsored