Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Hello all, my wife’s Bronco sport will sometimes keep the lights ON, after turning off the vehicle and locking the doors. There is no rhyme or reason that we have noticed. It’s a random thing that we notice, run out to the car unlock, start, turn off, re lock. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas what could cause it and fix it?
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hello all, my wife’s Bronco sport will sometimes keep the lights ON, after turning off the vehicle and locking the doors. There is no rhyme or reason that we have noticed. It’s a random thing that we notice, run out to the car unlock, start, turn off, re lock. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas what could cause it and fix it?
The other day I had noticed the lights on after I came back for something. However the dealer had it that day leaving me to believe they did something. However I opened the door looked at the light setting which was correct shut and locked up they went right off as usual. Didnt think about it till now but haven't noticed it since. I will for sure be looking for it now, thanks for the heads-up

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Happened to me once...reset the lamp delay and all good since

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Ah,
I thought lamp delay was how long the interior lights stay on after
>getting in before starting the engine, and
>shutting off the engine before getting out...

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
YES! Was there ever a fix for you? Or did you just realize the battery saver will take care of it each time?
I think it’s happened maybe one other time. That I’ve noticed. Also noticed the screen stay on and had to open unlock/close relock with the intelligent access to get everything to align up right and turn off. But it’s getting more infrequent as I drive it and it didn’t happen a whole whole lot before.
After I found that part in the manual it helped me feel more at ease about it.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My drl's have been on long after I've left the vehicle. Normally they'll time out and go off pretty quickly, sometimes they seem to hang on for a while though.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
This just happened to me last night! I went to pick up dinner and when I got out of my car, I first locked it by touching the door handle. Normally, the lights will shut off instantly as I lock it, but they stayed on. I thought maybe I had a door cracked open or something. So I locked it with my key fob and it honked like normal, so I knew everything was closed. I came back to my car about 5ish min later and the lights were still on. So strange! And they are always in Auto mode, so I know it wasn’t that. When I got home, the lights shut off like normal. Must be a bug or something.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
This just happened to me last night! I went to pick up dinner and when I got out of my car, I first locked it by touching the door handle. Normally, the lights will shut off instantly as I lock it, but they stayed on. I thought maybe I had a door cracked open or something. So I locked it with my key fob and it honked like normal, so I knew everything was closed. I came back to my car about 5ish min later and the lights were still on. So strange! And they are always in Auto mode, so I know it wasn’t that. When I got home, the lights shut off like normal. Must be a bug or something.
You can try this...just adjust your shutoff time
Ford Bronco Sport Lights STAY on after locking car 1633104188554

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
You can try this...just adjust your shutoff time
Ford Bronco Sport Lights STAY on after locking car 1633104188554
Thanks, I will try that. The only thing is that it never did this before and was back to normal when I got home. It was a one time instance.