younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
Hi all, I have a BS BB that I purchased off the lot in Sept. Fun. Anyway, I also have a Maverick on order since June. Per dealer it is at the railway in Mexico awaiting shipment with a estimated 2/21 delivery. Just yesterday it got pushed to 5/21, and not just me but a lot of orders that are on the MTC forum. I am just curious is that is happening to those here and their BS. I tried a search in case this has already been discussed. Found one in another thread but thought I start a new thread dedicated. If one has already been started, sorry.
Sponsored

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
Hi all, I have a BS BB that I purchased off the lot in Sept. Fun. Anyway, I also have a Maverick on order since June. Per dealer it is at the railway in Mexico awaiting shipment with a estimated 2/21 delivery. Just yesterday it got pushed to 5/21, and not just me but a lot of orders that are on the MTC forum. I am just curious is that is happening to those here and their BS. I tried a search in case this has already been discussed. Found one in another thread but thought I start a new thread dedicated. If one has already been started, sorry.
Ford added exactly 3 months to delivery of my Explorer ST (2.11 to 5.11) this morning. Looks like the same 3 month add is happening to the other Ford models.

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
Posted about this earlier. Ordered on 9/29. ETA on delivery was 2/13. Pushed back yesterday to 5/14.

OP
OP
younglefthander

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
Posted about this earlier. Ordered on 9/29. ETA on delivery was 2/13. Pushed back yesterday to 5/14.
I think thatā€™s the one I saw on this Forum.
Which I need to hang around more often than I do. Hoping that all this is just computer glitch but Iā€™m starting to have my doubts. I would love to get my Maverick sooner than later but if there is an issue I would rather Ford fix it now than ship a bad truck. Best of luck to you

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Over in the Bronco6g forum wide spread reports built units delayed to may. So these delays appear to be across multiple Ford model lines.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Over in the Bronco6g forum wide spread reports built units delayed to may. So these delays appear to be across multiple Ford model lines.
Any scuttlebutt as to cause? If multiple models built at different plants are impacted, I wonder if it's related to chip availability, seeing that all of them require chips.

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
I think thatā€™s the one I saw on this Forum.
Which I need to hang around more often than I do. Hoping that all this is just computer glitch but Iā€™m starting to have my doubts. I would love to get my Maverick sooner than later but if there is an issue I would rather Ford fix it now than ship a bad truck. Best of luck to you
I spoke to my dealer and it's not a glitch unfortunately. Has to do with chip shortages.

OP
OP
younglefthander

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
I sure donā€™t disagree with that but it sure is weird that dealer said my truck, which was built and sitting in the rail yard was waiting to be shipped. On the module build data, all modules are populated, even my Ford pass is ready to activate vehicle. But for sure something is going on. But Iā€™ll wait patiently for this new truck. Iā€™m lucky as Iā€™m not desperate as some on the MTC because their current vehicle needs replacement. My Toyota Camry will do fine till then.

Last edited:

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
I sure donā€™t disagree with that but it sure is weird that dealer said my truck, which was built and sitting in the rail yard was waiting to be shipped. On the module build data, all modules are populated, even my Ford pass is ready to activate vehicle. But for sure something is going on. But Iā€™ll wait patiently for this new truck. Iā€™m lucky as Iā€™m not desperate as some on the MTC because their current vehicle needs replacement. My Toyota Camry will do fine till then.
Donā€™t go by the modules listed on Etis to assume your vehicle is complete. Ours went into production 11/29 and the Etis site showed all of our modules installed and ā€œlast checkedā€ on 11/29. Then nothing. Ours stayed in production until 12/22 while I watched others on here go into production, were built, and marked shipped in the span of 3 days.

When we finally went to take delivery 10 days ago the dealer told us ours was delayed all that time because it was on chip hold, even though all modules were installed and ā€œcheckedā€. Dealer would be able to tell you from the visibility report if that was actually the case with yours.

I wonder if Ford is making a preemptive strike here with the delays because they foresee shipping bottlenecks getting worse than they already are?

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
There is probably a delay in getting chips. Plants in China are shut down because of the Lunar New Year, and there are also rolling lockdowns due to Covid cases.

OP
OP
younglefthander

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
Update:
I don't have a screenshot of the VVR from the dealer but I was able to speak to my salesman about 6:30 this evening. He said on the VVR it reads "Microchip on hold at Plant". So now I wait. While I do I will enjoy the Bronco Sport, on the weekends anyway. My wife uses during the week,

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Update:
I don't have a screenshot of the VVR from the dealer but I was able to speak to my salesman about 6:30 this evening. He said on the VVR it reads "Microchip on hold at Plant". So now I wait. While I do I will enjoy the Bronco Sport, on the weekends anyway. My wife uses during the week,
Bummer. At least now you know. Itā€™s probably a good thing, at this point I donā€™t think it can be a true Bronco Sport unless it has ā€œagedā€ properly in the rot lot. Seems Ford ages just about everyone they make! It must be a critical part of the production process!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Any scuttlebutt as to cause? If multiple models built at different plants are impacted, I wonder if it's related to chip availability, seeing that all of them require chips.
Scuttlebutt is ppl ask dealers and dealers say Microchip Hold on visibility report. So looks like across almost all Ford product lines send to lots to sit for several months. Get ready for outrage when Ford starts building shipping new complete units while lot rots sit cause that most likely what gonna happen.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Get ready for outrage when Ford starts building shipping new complete units while lot rots sit cause that most likely what gonna happen.
Yep, sounds like a stealth announcement for Lot Rot 2022 Edition. Those who ordered in November and December 2021 might have to wait a bit longer for build dates, but could avoid lot purgatory.

Reactions: MJE

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Yep, sounds like a stealth announcement for Lot Rot 2022 Edition. Those who ordered in November and December 2021 might have to wait a bit longer for build dates, but could avoid lot purgatory.
Yep might be like '21 where later builds roll off line pass QC right to the train to dealer while lot rots sit for several months. I bet that what gonna happen....
Sponsored