Leather vs. Cloth Seat Comfort?

Vin

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I am interested in a Sport OB or BL but so far have only been able to test drive a BB. I’m 5’7” but have to say that I found the cloth seats pretty uncomfortable. They were hard vs firm and had an odd hump in the middle of the seat (just my experience). My dealer is going to let me test drive a higher trim with leather when one comes in. Should I expect there to be a noticeable difference in comfort with the leather? Otherwise I really like the Sport.
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am interested in a Sport OB or BL but so far have only been able to test drive a BB. I’m 5’7” but have to say that I found the cloth seats pretty uncomfortable. They were hard vs firm and had an odd hump in the middle of the seat (just my experience). My dealer is going to let me test drive a higher trim with leather when one comes in. Should I expect there to be a noticeable difference in comfort with the leather? Otherwise I really like the Sport.
Is the odd hump under the butt or in the back? I know they have adjustable lumbar support in the back.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I have what they call a first edition , it has a navy blue leather interior, very comfortable. . Owned since February 21 , no complaints . I am 5 8 and 185 lb .

Ford Bronco Sport Leather vs. Cloth Seat Comfort? EF3DF149-78C4-4DA8-BCEA-137803D4071E

Ford Bronco Sport Leather vs. Cloth Seat Comfort? 72D60D85-DA09-44AB-8A8C-EC216AC0C30F
:like:

Last edited:

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
I find the Leather/Cloth combo that comes in the BL/OB trim to be comfortable but this really is a very personal question. For example a lot of people found the seats in the Colorado Z71 to be comfortable however I did a trip around the PNW and MNW and I could barely walk after that trip so I immediately went to Ford and traded that in for a full size F150.

Reactions: Jrl

LowGun84

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a badlands with the leather interior and I being a bigger fella (6 foot and 285 pounds) find it pretty much as comfortable as our explorer or F-150.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
My wife has the Badlands withOUT leather. We both really like the material and find it comfortable, although we haven't take any long trips. I am 6' and carrying around more than I should, and I haven't experienced any uncomfortableness as yet, either the driver or passenger seat.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
5’11” 160 pounds.
My Base model has great seats. I have no complaints, never did from day one.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I have leather and the seats are comfortable for me.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had a BB with cloth seats and now I have an OB with leather, the OB seats are far more comfortable and supportive. My left side would litrally be on the seat trim above the seat adjustments. With the leather, not even close, I am 5'11", 255. My 6'4" 325lb bro-in-law also likes the leather seats better.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm 5'10" and find the seat base length to be slightly shorter than I prefer. However, I still find the seats very comfortable. After having leather seats for many years now, I am actually really enjoying the cloth in the Bronco Sport. Offering heated seats with cloth was previously uncommon but much appreciated even her in the South.

OP
OP

Vin

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I had a BB with cloth seats and now I have an OB with leather, the OB seats are far more comfortable and supportive. My left side would litrally be on the seat trim above the seat adjustments. With the leather, not even close, I am 5'11", 255. My 6'4" 325lb bro-in-law also likes the leather seats better.
Thanks. This is what two salesmen were saying to me but glad to hear from someone who has had both seats.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Did your Big Bend have a manual or power driver's seat? I have the Big Bend Package with the power driver's seat find it very supportive. Manual seats tend to be less supportive as they lack the power seat infrastructure.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
I have what they call a first edition , it has a navy blue leather interior, very comfortable. . Owned since February 21 , no complaints . I am 5 8 and 185 lb .

Ford Bronco Sport Leather vs. Cloth Seat Comfort? EF3DF149-78C4-4DA8-BCEA-137803D4071E

Ford Bronco Sport Leather vs. Cloth Seat Comfort? 72D60D85-DA09-44AB-8A8C-EC216AC0C30F
:like:
Sic Power Wagon! Regular cab short box?!?! i haven't seen one of those.

Reactions: Jrl

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
I'm 6'6, 190 lbs or so. Found the OB to be very comfortable when I test drove it.

Greensweater

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For what it's worth, the dealer only had a BB on the lot when I went shopping for a Badlands. I also found the cloth seats very basic and underwhelming. I was disappointed.

Fast forward three months and I'm not sure if the Badlands cloth seats are designed differently but they sure are comfortable. Or, I'm just easily swayed by colored accents and naugahyde trim. And a very fun engine.

If it's a choice between the 2L BL or OB's leather interior, Badlands all the way, every day.
Sponsored

Last edited: