JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Do you have thoughts about learning to off-road with the Sport?

Any news about the Off-Roadeo? I think I recall the BS Badlands qualifies for that school. Maybe the delay in the Bronco is stalling the launch of the schools.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JamesT

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have thoughts about learning to off-road with the Sport?
I’m esp interested in the Pacific NW. I do see schools in SoCal and east coast

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
There's schools around that would probably train you on it, definitely some for a Badlands.

OP
OP
JamesT

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Emme Hall posted a good article on CNET Riadshow about off road recovery gear. Something good for newbies like me to know. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/best-off-roading-tools-recover-gear/

If this post does not belong here in this area, please move it.
I'm a big fan of Matt's off-road recovery channel on Youtube.. seems like a great down to earth guy...

He uses Yankum ropes and they finally released one in his Banana Yellow color so I jumped on it. More expensive than the one Emme Hall suggested though. But It'll match my Schoolbus Bronco Sport lol.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I'm a big fan of Matt's off-road recovery channel on Youtube.. seems like a great down to earth guy...

He uses Yankum ropes and they finally released one in his Banana Yellow color so I jumped on it. More expensive than the one Emme Hall suggested though. But It'll match my Schoolbus Bronco Sport lol.
haha watch them on my lunch breaks. did they come in yet? should take delivery of my BL soon gonna start to work on my recovery gear

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
haha watch them on my lunch breaks. did they come in yet? should take delivery of my BL soon gonna start to work on my recovery gear
I believe its slated for February-ish delivery.

I don't think you need ALOT of recovery gear.

My plans are:
1) Hi-Lift Jack
2) Low cost recovery boards
3) Cheap shovel

I'm not spending $500 on maxtrax and $230 for a shovel...

Depends on when/where you'll be off roading. I think there are much better uses for your funds like auxilary lights, Extra battery, Air compressor/deflator.

OP
OP
JamesT

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe its slated for February-ish delivery.

I don't think you need ALOT of recovery gear.

My plans are:
1) Hi-Lift Jack
2) Low cost recovery boards
3) Cheap shovel

I'm not spending $500 on maxtrax and $230 for a shovel...

Depends on when/where you'll be off roading. I think there are much better uses for your funds like auxilary lights, Extra battery, Air compressor/deflator.
I agree with your list. Especially just getting started, I don't want to overspend! Well, I did go ahead and bought a Viair air compressor just because...

I see that Ford released the locations of the other Off-Roadeos. Three that are desert environments and one that is woods and mud (Vermont). Strange as it seems, I may be interested in the Vermont location because it is likely to be more like what we will find around Seattle, the rainy side of the mountains.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I believe a $20 Shovel from HD is good enough. I'll spend the $200 on Milwaukee impact to take wheels off instead.

I realized when I start to look at accessories.. I become one of those who want more accessories for not a lot of off-roading..

I became a wannabe/poser...

I still want Fender Flares... :rockon:

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I'm going to pass on that since everyone says the hood is already high. Someone should make an aftermarket lowered hood and grille..

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I'm going to pass on that since everyone says the hood is already high. Someone should make an aftermarket lowered hood and grille..
Good point. Personally, if the rear spoiler came in body color option, I might consider giving it a go. Curious if it would interfere with the flip up glass though.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Good point. Personally, if the rear spoiler came in body color option, I might consider giving it a go. Curious if it would interfere with the flip up glass though.
Probably wouldn't... but someone will be a test mule. Lets see if you or I get our cars first... which one will test these theories out.

Personally I'm going for a lift and Fender Flares first. Other mods will slowly come after.