andrealynn86

First Edition
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My lane assist does not seem to work. I have 300 miles on my car and it set to aid + alert, but nothing happens. I test drove another car that I could feel redirect when I was drifting out of the lines.

Do you think it is too early? My dealer said something about it takes a bit to calibrate. Is anybody else having a similar issue?
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
My lane assist does not seem to work. I have 300 miles on my car and it set to aid + alert, but nothing happens. I test drove another car that I could feel redirect when I was drifting out of the lines.

Do you think it is too early? My dealer said something about it takes a bit to calibrate. Is anybody else having a similar issue?
I now have 450 miles on mine and just start working around 400 ,I did switch off alerts and use aid only.Not sure if that is meaning that it was working. There’s a ton of electrical gadgets in our Broncos, between iPhones and new car gadgets my head hurts.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I found it less responsive than our Explorer, both in the steering wheel vibration and the correction, but it works IF the system can define the edges of the road using the painted lines.

I believe the “training” line from your dealer is a load of BS (not the Bronco Sport kind). I have under 300 miles and mine works when it knows where the road is. Same with my Assist+ which is pretty cool when engaged.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I found it less responsive than our Explorer, both in the steering wheel vibration and the correction, but it works IF the system can define the edges of the road using the painted lines.

I believe the “training” line from your dealer is a load of BS (not the Bronco Sport kind). I have under 300 miles and mine works when it knows where the road is. Same with my Assist+ which is pretty cool when engaged.
That all makes sense, thanks ,what assist + those with first edition was left out on that deal. When I was using lane keeping I actually was very impressed on how well it did work even in the curves.

OP
OP

andrealynn86

First Edition
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

I unfortunately don't have assist + as I have the FE. My mom has OB and she has that, I am going to drive her car next weekend to see differences

Reactions: Jrl

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There is also a button on the end of the shifter that turns the lane assist on/off, I would try toggling the button.

What do you get on the driver display? when my lane assist is on I get two white lines on the display when the BS has identified lanes. When I cross these lines in alert mode it will rumble the steering and turn the line red. In alert +assist it will correct and turn the line yellow.

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
revisiting this thread. I've 3000+ miles on mine and never feel it. I too have aid + alert on, I've toggled through the others as well.

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
revisiting this thread. I've 3000+ miles on mine and never feel it. I too have aid + alert on, I've toggled through the others as well.
Have you checked the on/off switch on the end of the turn-signal lever? I personally don't like the system and had to dig through the owners manual to find the switch.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
There are two different levels of assistance provided by Copilot 360. The first and least obtrusive is Lane Keeping Assist. You have to get quite close to a line for the system to activate. When it does you'll feel a slight nudge in the wheel steering you away from the line. If you approach the line at too steep an angle you may not feel a nudge at all, but as you cross over the line you should feel a rumble in the steering wheel similar to hitting rumble strips. When you turn the system on using the button at the end of the turn signal lever you should see the indicator in the instrument cluster. It's a graphic of two converging lines representing the lane edges.

Ford Bronco Sport Lane Assist Not Working LaneKeepin

When the system sees you approach a line it will turn yellow just before it gives you a nudge. The system also monitors your wheel inputs, and if you don't make one within a certain amount of time you get aural and visual warnings.

The second level of assistance, called lane centering, is available with Copilot 360+. It's a much more aggressive system, and it activates much farther from the lines. It only works when you engage the adaptive cruise control.

Lane Keeping Assist is independent of the cruise control, and should be functional any time you have it turned on. What I would do is watch for the display in the instrument cluster to go on and off with the switch. If it's not coming on then something is wrong with the system. If it comes on then monitor it as you drive. Allow the car to slowly approach a lane edge and see if the display changes the colors on the line. If it doesn't then the sensor is likely not working. If it does then check to see if you get a nudge in the wheel and/or the rumbling after you cross the line. If you don't get the nudge or rumbling then the system is not working properly.
Sponsored