davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
For anyone considering new tires......Been buying tires for a long time......

Here is my advise: American factories produce good tires, (Goodyear, Cooper, Mickey Thompson) European also good (Michelin). Japan also very good (Bridgestone/Firestone). So the RV industry is famous for using Westlake tires on Travel Trailers and 5th Wheels.

Over the decades these tires have earned a reputation for failing and failing in a big way.

These tires are now known for there nickname: China Bombs!

Don't Buy Chinese tires.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

bucking915

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
What about Indonisia where the Trail Hog is made? Or are they also not capable of making a good tire.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
I am intrigued by these tires. They look incredible. Not much info in the usual places I look. But I like what I see. As far as the "china" tag - I don't view that as a kiss of death. Most Falken Wildpeaks are made in Thailand and are excellent tires. If these "chinese" tires are made in Indonesia (and I have no idea if that is true), I'd give em a spin - especially as badass as they look.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
That looks like a nice, aggressive tread, do you notice much more road noise? I notice it has 9/16 tread depth, which is more than even most LT tires, and way more than passenger car tires.

OP
OP
MAR_SOUP_E_ULL
First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
That looks like a nice, aggressive tread, do you notice much more road noise? I notice it has 9/16 tread depth, which is more than even most LT tires, and way more than passenger car tires.
There is a little bit of road noise but nor too much.. it's nothing I can hear over volume 10 on a radio.

OP
OP
MAR_SOUP_E_ULL
First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am intrigued by these tires. They look incredible. Not much info in the usual places I look. But I like what I see. As far as the "china" tag - I don't view that as a kiss of death. Most Falken Wildpeaks are made in Thailand and are excellent tires. If these "Chinese" tires are made in Indonesia (and I have no idea if that is true), I'd give em a spin - especially as badass as they look.
They do have a factory in Thailand , Indonesia and China so I don't know where specifically they were manufactured but I do know that when we got a flat out about 50 miles from pavement with the truck we also have them on they made it back to the road without coming off the rim or being destroyed. The local tire place was even able to patch it because of where it was and they lasted another year.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@MAR_SOUP_E_ULL It is amazing how a set of tires can change the vehicle so dramatically. It does look more rugged than factory. I can see why it would turn heads. :like: Great job!

Last edited:

PhilAra

Badlands
First Name
Philip & Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, Area 51
OP
OP
MAR_SOUP_E_ULL
First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TexasJHerrera

Big Bend
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
After much comparison and availability in my area, I went with the Kanati TrailHog A/T 245/70/17 and I couldn't be happier. Haven't noticed much change in fuel but did notice a bit of a weight difference. Also I took the kids out to a canyon I went through before the 1.5" Rough country leveling kit / tires and noticed better handling getting out of the silty sand and over rocks. Wyoming has some pretty rugged terrain in most places so I went with these for that reason. They also handle well in our snow and terrible road conditions.

Another bonus is I ordered them off of amazon's Kanati store, out the door delivered to my house they were $750.00 and I took them down to Les Schwab to have them put on and aligned.
We also have these tires on our Power Wagon in 37's and have never been disappointed in handling. If you want to peek at what they offer, here's the link https://www.amazon.com/stores/KANATI+TIRES/page/606C1E16-F4C7-46BF-8D75-4ED676C271DA?ref_=ast_bln

result

Ford Bronco Sport Kanati TrailHog A/T 245/70/17 tires mounted and I'm happy with the results. 20230505_090039
Looks
great