Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
what lug nuts did you use? factory maverick or the bronco
I actually have a hybrid set of lug nuts. I purchased some from AutoZone that are the same fitment as the Bronco factory lugnuts, the Mavericks are not compatible because they are a different size thread. I had to also modify the maverick center caps by using epoxy and heavy duty round magnets in three of the clips. Basically the problem is that you can't find the correct size lugnut for the Bronco that will be the correct circumference to have the center caps fit tightly and stay on. I went to my local auto restoration shop and we struck out trying to find anything. Ther ones I bought at AutoZone are open end and have enought surface area to be able to have the magnet stick to it. The magnets are very heavy duty and one holds up to 13oz. so three on each wheel holds them on really well. I have been driving around for a month now and they are still on there even going through some rough terrain. Hope that all makes sense to you.
Sponsored

specter

Badlands
First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco sport
I still have the OEm wheels from my base model sport, are you looking for a set?
I just recently purchased a set of the whee from eBay I was just wondering how you managed to get the center caps to work.

OP
OP

RobD59

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just recently purchased a set of the whee from eBay I was just wondering how you managed to get the center caps to work.
IT was a little bit of a process to get them to work, I will post some pics and a description of how I did it later today.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Looks good! When I bought my 2017 escape, it came with black steel wheels (17”) that I replaced the day after I bought it. Kept the wheels. I’m getting an OB, (18”) or I would do the same. I suppose I could change the speedo gear that goes into the transmission…hmmm…

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I actually have a hybrid set of lug nuts. I purchased some from AutoZone that are the same fitment as the Bronco factory lugnuts, the Mavericks are not compatible because they are a different size thread. I had to also modify the maverick center caps by using epoxy and heavy duty round magnets in three of the clips. Basically the problem is that you can't find the correct size lugnut for the Bronco that will be the correct circumference to have the center caps fit tightly and stay on. I went to my local auto restoration shop and we struck out trying to find anything. Ther ones I bought at AutoZone are open end and have enought surface area to be able to have the magnet stick to it. The magnets are very heavy duty and one holds up to 13oz. so three on each wheel holds them on really well. I have been driving around for a month now and they are still on there even going through some rough terrain. Hope that all makes sense to you.
Thank you. So, if I don’t use the center caps…the wheels fit correctly is that correct? I’m just looking for a set of wheels to use during the winter to keep my OEM wheels from getting beat up during the winter. Also, are you able to provide the info on the lug nuts that you bought? Thanks again.

OP
OP

RobD59

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Just put Maverick steel wheels (steelies) on my 2021 sport.  What do you all think? Center cap install on Bronco Sport using Wheels and Caps from Maverick

Here is the images of what I did to use the center caps, if you are just suing the wheels only for winter, your OEM lugnuts will be fine, you can see in fig. 2 that I still have two of the OEM lugnuts on the wheel.

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Just put Maverick steel wheels (steelies) on my 2021 sport.  What do you all think? Center cap install on Bronco Sport using Wheels and Caps from Maverick

Here is the images of what I did to use the center caps, if you are just suing the wheels only for winter, your OEM lugnuts will be fine, you can see in fig. 2 that I still have two of the OEM lugnuts on the wheel.
Thank you. And yes, just want a set for the winter. Thx again.

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Are you running TPMS with them from your factory wheels or did you buy new ones? Thx.

OP
OP

RobD59

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Are you running TPMS on those? I want a set of Maverick wheels but the ones I’ve found fo not have TPMS on them.
I Am Using the TPMS from the OEM wheels. IF you won't be using the OEMs just take the TPMS sensors from them, if this is a second set for winter use, you can get a full set of TPMS sensors online.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Its a
Looks good! When I bought my 2017 escape, it came with black steel wheels (17”) that I replaced the day after I bought it. Kept the wheels. I’m getting an OB, (18”) or I would do the same. I suppose I could change the speedo gear that goes into the transmission…hmmm…
Changing the speedo calibration is a programming change. Take it to your dealer, give them the outer diameter of the mounted tire and they'll calibrate to the new setup.

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Am Using the TPMS from the OEM wheels. IF you won't be using the OEMs just take the TPMS sensors from them, if this is a second set for winter use, you can get a full set of TPMS sensors online.
Thanks. I’m hoping to pick up a set tomorrow if it works out then I’ll figure out the TPMS later.
Sponsored