It appears all automakers are struggling to control their dealers.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Tigger and his friends:

Ford Bronco Sport It appears all automakers are struggling to control their dealers. 1686165738983
Sponsored

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
RAV4 Primes are a huge waiting list and very popular here.
Yeah, seems like they'd sell well here too. Maryland sells them, so I expect that the 500e will show up there. If need be, I can go there to buy. It just always annoys me that the press about american car buying seems to discount a lot of the reasons that some cars "don't sell" by leaving out that they are not being sold. I think this also goes along with the theory that Americans don't want small cars... no, Americans just don't want crappy small cars, but that is usually all that is on offer. The Fiat 500 sold well when it was available, and we have been continually getting emails from the local dealer to ask if we wanted to sell ours over the last 5 years. Stellantis made a huge mistake in believeing that Americans don't want small cars and switching from the original 500 to only sell the 500X. No one wants an overinflated small car, which is evident by the poor sales of the 500X

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Stellantis made a huge mistake in believeing that Americans don't want small cars
Like when they stopped making Neons? Neon production stopped right before gas prices doubled when demand for small cars spiked. And Neons were very well built reliable they sold a lot of them. I bought new SRT4 drove 11 years and now my son owns it. At 110k miles still tight and very fast too.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Like when they stopped making Neons? Neon production stopped right before gas prices doubled when demand for small cars spiked. And Neons were very well built reliable they sold a lot of them. I bought new SRT4 drove 11 years and now my son owns it. At 110k miles still tight and very fast too.
I've always liked the everyman's sports car. Chrysler/Dodge has been doing this for a long time. The Chrysler Laser I owned in the 80s was a little rocket ship (for it's time). It was one-third the cost of a new Porsche 944, but could easily outrun one. The Laser had no trouble keeping up with 5.0L Mustangs. Great car at a bargain price.
Sponsored