Is the moonroof history starting in 2022?

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Moonroof is not going away. As others have pointed out, it’s now an option on all BS trim levels, separate from any of the other packages. Unfortunately due to chip/part shortages, Ford is not accepting or scheduling any ’21 or ‘22 builds at this time with the moonroof.

Potential failure or leak hazard waiting to happen? Possibly. That said, Ford has been using this same moonroof design across all their vehicles for several years now. Seems to work pretty good. Between business and personal I have bought dozens with the moonroof and have not had any failures…. <knocks wood> <knocks again to be sure>

We’re buying another Bronco Sport but waiting to submit the order until we have a better picture of production timing and moonroof availability. Also want to see the new Bronze Smoke color.
Regarding scheduling, I received notice from Ford on Friday 10/8 that my '22 BL with moonroof is scheduled for production during the week of 11/22. We'll see, but at least I'm officially in the queue.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

Suzeng01

Big Bend
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS on order
Regarding scheduling, I received notice from Ford on Friday 10/8 that my '22 BL with moonroof is scheduled for production during the week of 11/22. We'll see, but at least I'm officially in the queue.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Leak waiting to happen? Come on kids, tens of thousands of moonroofs out there with NO problems. Yes it might have an issue but no different than a coolant leak or faulty module of some type getting installed. Stuff happens. That’s like saying I won’t wear pants because they might get dirty. JMO?

Suzeng01

Big Bend
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS on order
Just curious as to when you placed your order. Thanks

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I skipped the moonroof. Had it in a pathfinder and a land rover and never used it. Have a convertible BMW and used that every day!

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Hurray!! no price gauging mandatory sun roof.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Cool! Still waiting for mine to get scheduled. I’ll take it whenever, but not in a hurry on this one. I would have actually waited a bit to order if production times were more regular and known.

When did you submit your order and which trim level? I have a mostly full-loaded Badlands on order. Not really sure where that puts me and I suppose it also depends on dealership allocation queue and all that.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500 LTZ Z71 crew cab
Moonroof will be a $770 option available across all BS lines, I believe, in '22.
So if you ordered the Premium package on the 2022 Badlands…..does it NOT include the power moonroof ?? The premium package was $2035 .. that kind of price should definitely include a power moonroof.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
So if you ordered the Premium package on the 2022 Badlands…..does it NOT include the power moonroof ?? The premium package was $2035 .. that kind of price should definitely include a power moonroof.
The old Badlands (premium) package was $2,695 w/moonroof, so not really much difference.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
There is NO moonroof in the premium package. It is a separate option. It reduced the package by $600.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Cool! Still waiting for mine to get scheduled. I’ll take it whenever, but not in a hurry on this one. I would have actually waited a bit to order if production times were more regular and known.

When did you submit your order and which trim level? I have a mostly full-loaded Badlands on order. Not really sure where that puts me and I suppose it also depends on dealership allocation queue and all that.
Dealership allocation has no effect at this time on customer orders. Ford suspended that impact a few months ago. A dealer who has zero allocations can still have all their cutomer orders accepted. The only dealer thing to pay attention to is the priority # at your dealer. If your dealer has 20 BS orders with 5 people being a priority 10, ten people being a priority 15 and 5 being a priority 19, the people with priority 10 will be pulled for scheduling first. But ALL will be scheduled regardless of dealer allocation. Dealer allocation will ONLY affect stock orders and FMC are prioritizing stock orders behind customer orders in order to encourage customer orders. Technically that is better for FMC because customer orders are cars that are already “sold”.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is NO moonroof in the premium package. It is a separate option. It reduced the package by $600.
Yep I’m absolutely greatly annoyed by it but you are correct ☹ I called the dealership this morning and they said yes the premium package includes the moonroof and then I said please double check in five minutes later he called me back and said no it doesn’t but I can add it on it’s $770 and then I said the website shows 2635 package including the power moonroof. So we are within the week so they can add it but I’m really mad because they knew I wanted it from the beginning.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yep I’m absolutely greatly annoyed by it but you are correct ☹ I called the dealership this morning and they said yes the premium package includes the moonroof and then I said please double check in five minutes later he called me back and said no it doesn’t but I can add it on it’s $770 and then I said the website shows 2635 package including the power moonroof. So we are within the week so they can add it but I’m really mad because they knew I wanted it from the beginning.
Wow. That would totally annoy me with my dealer also. It is to the point where customers are more savvy than dealers when it comes to ordering vehicles. The websites are terrible because they are still the 2021 BS. The 2022 BS order form looks like the attached. Scroll to the bottom to see all the codes and what the options are.

Attachments

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. That would totally annoy me with my dealer also. It is to the point where customers are more savvy than dealers when it comes to ordering vehicles. The websites are terrible because they are still the 2021 BS. The 2022 BS order form looks like the attached. Scroll to the bottom to see all the codes and what the options are.
Yeah , so far they don’t seem to know anything ?? ? I tell them something and they say.. “Oh , really ? Okay .” The only thing that makes me REALLY mad about it is because I built it on the website with everything and told them I wanted that and then they said OK and then called me later that day and said “ We had to do a 22 …..The 21’s are done.. But we ordered it exactly like you had it with the premium package including the power moonroof.” LIARS ?Good thing your post had me double check and confirm or else it would’ve come in and I would’ve been pretty mad that it didn’t have one. I’ve never had one and I’ve always wanted one and I think it would be cool with the BS?thanks again !

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
Leak waiting to happen? Come on kids, tens of thousands of moonroofs out there with NO problems. Yes it might have an issue but no different than a coolant leak or faulty module of some type getting installed. Stuff happens. That’s like saying I won’t wear pants because they might get dirty. JMO?
I passed up any Bronco that had the moonroof myself, not because I was worried about it leaking but because I use the roof racks and on my Taco I dropped things on that moonroof several times, once I should have broken it and I NEVER once used it... in fact the only time I can remember it being open is when the sales guy opened it which I immediately closed it.

I am very happy to see Ford move away from including it into packages and making it it's own add-on.
Sponsored