TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I'm starting to wonder if a Bronco Sport hybrid, if offered, would hit the sweet spot for me. I'm not crazy about a 3 cylinder, even less so one that switches to 2 cylinders. But I don't need all that the Badlands offers in terms of extras & off-road capability plus its added cost. I wonder if a hybrid would offer a good combo of power and economy and am thinking about waiting to see what 2021 brings.
Sure wait. Donā€™t do something you arenā€™t comfortable with. Itā€™s a lot of money and you are right to ensure you spend it in a manner that best serves you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Someoneā€™s test drive impressions:

Handling- really, really nice
Corners and turns- lots of control/balanced feeling/sturdy
0 to 60- just like that/really, really nice
Rides- smooth

did a test drive of a BS BB and even though the woman test driving in the video probably did a bit more extensive test driving than I was able to, I agree that the driving experience is nice. pretty smooth and responsive like some cars but the stance / seat height gives it a slight ā€˜truckā€™ feel. I drive a BS Big Bend, iā€™d imagine the Badlands experience is even better, with different suspension and more hp

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
"2" RPMs at 80 MPH OMG
You'd be surprised how common that is. Most people don't know what RPMs stand for let alone how an engine works.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
just putting an update on here on my trim choice. iā€™m starting to lean towards the Big Bend, main reasons to cut costs and i believe the BB will be capable enough for me. i do feel like iā€™ll be missing out on some extra kicks on the badlands but i found myself easily getting up sold haha. having a badlands sounds nice, and i would feel more confident off road with it, but realistically for what my lifestyle is like the BB should suffice. iā€™m not made of money either so saving on around 4-5k (7-8k with BL pkg) makes me feel better. badlands would still be in my budget i just want to play it even safer with the BB as my daily driver with off-road chops. iā€™d i do end up going BB, at least iā€™ll have some spending money for accessories

in the end, iā€™m just waiting for tomorrow for the ā€˜mediaā€™ embargo to lift and see what their party reviewers say about both trims. and that should be my deciding factor, already having test driven the BS

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
just putting an update on here on my trim choice. iā€™m starting to lean towards the Big Bend, main reasons to cut costs and i believe the BB will be capable enough for me. i do feel like iā€™ll be missing out on some extra kicks on the badlands but i found myself easily getting up sold haha. having a badlands sounds nice, and i would feel more confident off road with it, but realistically for what my lifestyle is like the BB should suffice. iā€™m not made of money either so saving on around 4-5k (7-8k with BL pkg) makes me feel better. badlands would still be in my budget i just want to play it even safer with the BB as my daily driver with off-road chops. iā€™d i do end up going BB, at least iā€™ll have some spending money for accessories

in the end, iā€™m just waiting for tomorrow for the ā€˜mediaā€™ embargo to lift and see what their party reviewers say about both trims. and that should be my deciding factor, already having test driven the BS
Welcome to the club lol. After much consideration, I came to the same conclusion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Traitor.

But seriously the big bend and even the base are great trims as far capability goes. Imo no matter what trim you go with, you will have the class leader in as far as around capability/cost/on and off road/appearance. Just a matter of days until we find out if this opinion of mine is biased or shared among others.

Yes each trim gets a little fancier but that doesnā€™t mean the other trims arenā€™t fantastic and ā€œneedā€ to be upgraded.
hahaha my choice isnā€™t set in stone yet.

but yeah i agree, i think because there was a choice for a more capable option i subconsciously thought the lower trims were not capable / fun to drive. but still currently debating which trim, iā€™ve been going back and forth between the two so much. i currently have a badlands (1/4 build week) on order with a dealer so iā€™ll have one ā€˜reservedā€™ if i do end up choosing the badlands. if i feel confident in my financials for the next year and i could justify the extra off-road capabilities then iā€™ll go w the badlands.

if third party reviewers show base/Big Bend/OB capabilities as more than enough (for me) iā€™m gonna pull the trigger on a BB. i would sure love to water ford at just under 2 feet tho lol. but every time i watch a video or hop on the forums i seem to switch preference between the two :/ hard choice