Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I’m currently at an awkward stage of not having a reservation(originally had one but mistakenly cancelled it after reservations closed) and trying to order a bronco sport through my local dealerships. but this also gives me more time to think about what configuration will be the best for me. but for sure itching to park one in my driveway.

As of right now i’m pretty much set on wanting the badlands trim mostly bc of the 2.0 liter / extra HP and factory option ‘steelies’ but i just don’t know if i need it. i do notice some differences with mpg and cargo space, which takes a slight hit when comparing the badlands to the lower trims so that does nudge me a bit towards the lower trims bc it’ll be my daily.

I am simply just wanting to open conversation about this on what real world scenarios the badlands will have an advantage over the lower trims. Any input / thoughts are welcome!

I currently own a ‘10 subaru forester and i love it. that’s what got me into going on trails and into nature more. As long as I could do everything the subie could do both on and off road plus more, i’m fine with any trim i end up driving. just me thinking if i’ll miss out on anything if I don’t get the badlands. (also me hoping someone just tells me to get the badlands bc i think it’s badass lol)
Sponsored

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Better suspension. Advanced 4x4. More hp. Front camera. Rubberized floor. I like the upgraded leather seats and optional wheels. Those imo are the most important advantages. Runner ups include the best looking grille, tow hooks, under seat storage, paddle shifters.

It’s up to you if that is worth it. It is to me..
Yep, pretty much this. Badlands almost requires the extra package, while the city package could be justified without the extra kit.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Better suspension. Advanced 4x4. More hp. Front camera. Rubberized floor. I like the upgraded leather seats and optional wheels. Those imo are the most important advantages. Runner ups include the best looking grille, tow hooks, under seat storage, paddle shifters.

It’s up to you if that is worth it. It is to me..
definitely all eye catching features over the lower trims! maybe all of those will be reasons i’ll be able to take my car through more difficult terrain than my current subaru. the lower trims of the BS seem like they would be suited for things closer to what my subaru could go through.

gotta give my current subaru some credit tho, coming from a toyota corrolla prior to that. lots of dirt trails in big bear, mohave, valley of fire mostly CA. almost pulled the trigger on a 2020 forester but that had a CVT... then the bronco / BS got announced haha

but it seems like with the badlands that’ll give me even more off-road confidence esp in more technical / difficult terrain vs lower trims. that alone would be able to justify the mpg difference / slightly smaller cargo space. the extra HP sounds more fun to drive in general anyway.

what color did you go with?

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Yep, pretty much this. Badlands almost requires the extra package, while the city package could be justified without the extra kit.
could you explain what you mean by the badlands almost requires the extra package? Also what the city package is?

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
could you explain what you mean by the badlands almost requires the extra package? Also what the city package is?
Outer Banks is the "city" one I was referring to.. :D

What I meant was the extra Badlands equipment group with the power seats, dual AC, better radio, etc. That's a lot of nice features that all come in at a reasonable price, and will help resale.

I think what it boils down to is that with the 1.5L, the Base, Big Bend, or Outer Banks all start having stiff competition from other vehicles in the same class and size (Subaru, CRV, Rav4, etc).

The Badlands (or FE) with the larger engine, and better equipped 4x4, with bash plates, etc, set the Bronco Sport apart from the rest of that competition. There's really nothing else in that class other than the Jeeps, or much more expensive LandRovers.

(Personally, for myself, the equipment package in the Badlands is what makes it work for me, otherwise I'd probably be getting a Honda Passport, with the much larger V6).

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
but it seems like with the badlands that’ll give me even more off-road confidence esp in more technical / difficult terrain vs lower trims. that alone would be able to justify the mpg difference / slightly smaller cargo space. the extra HP sounds more fun to drive in general anyway.

what color did you go with?
Yeah.. the Badlands is really the sweet spot for the Bronco Sport. It's where it shines above the competition.

Colors...... hmm...

I'd like Cyber Orange, but wife thinks that looks like a taxi/bus, so I'll probably get the Red, assuming it's available. I'm not big on the grey/greens, and the brown seems too dark.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Outer Banks is the "city" one I was referring to.. :D

What I meant was the extra Badlands equipment group with the power seats, dual AC, better radio, etc. That's a lot of nice features that all come in at a reasonable price, and will help resale.

I think what it boils down to is that with the 1.5L, the Base, Big Bend, or Outer Banks all start having stiff competition from other vehicles in the same class and size (Subaru, CRV, Rav4, etc).

The Badlands (or FE) with the larger engine, and better equipped 4x4, with bash plates, etc, set the Bronco Sport apart from the rest of that competition. There's really nothing else in that class other than the Jeeps, or much more expensive LandRovers.

(Personally, for myself, the equipment package in the Badlands is what makes it work for me, otherwise I'd probably be getting a Honda Passport, with the much larger V6).
totally forgot about the bash plates! yes resale value is also on my mind as well just in case i decide to part ways with it at some point. i just don’t know how these will depreciate, i’m sure the badlands package will help but i personally don’t like the leather seats :(

you think the 2 engines will have the same reliability/maintenance cost? 1.5 vs 2.0 eco boost?

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Yeah.. the Badlands is really the sweet spot for the Bronco Sport. It's where it shines above the competition.

Colors...... hmm...

I'd like Cyber Orange, but wife thinks that looks like a taxi/bus, so I'll probably get the Red, assuming it's available. I'm not big on the grey/greens, and the brown seems too dark.
cyber orange looks awesome, but a little too ‘loud’ for me. cactus gray / oxford white would be my top choices, silver / carbonized gray are runner ups

also planning to black out the bronco badging on the back, possibly the front if it looks good with the grill

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
totally forgot about the bash plates! yes resale value is also on my mind as well just in case i decide to part ways with it at some point. i just don’t know how these will depreciate, i’m sure the badlands package will help but i personally don’t like the leather seats :(

you think the 2 engines will have the same reliability/maintenance cost? 1.5 vs 2.0 eco boost?
Hard to say with the engines, that could go either way, no personal experience with either. (But I know Jeeps have been having a lot of engine issues lately.. my cousin's Renegade is going in for another recall on the engine).

Resale is certainly helped with more equipment.

Yeah... I'd prefer not leather too, but, I also want power seats. Can't get power with cloth.

But like I said.. at the 1.5L engine size.. there starts to be a lot of competition..

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
cyber orange looks awesome, but a little too ‘loud’ for me. cactus gray / oxford white would be my top choices, silver / carbonized gray are runner ups

also planning to black out the bronco badging on the back, possibly the front if it looks good with the grill
Yeah, it is loud.. but.. at work (back before WFH and all that) I used to see 2 vehicles that stood out... an orange Crosstrek, and an orange Cherokee. Both looked really good and rugged.

At least in CA here, there are SOOOOOO many black/white/silver vehicles..

My ideal color would be a rich green, but they don't have that. But I also don't want something that's almost black either.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I’m currently at an awkward stage of not having a reservation and trying to order a bronco sport through my local dealerships.
Now that reservations I have closed, what's the process for ordering through a local dealer? Can dealers place factory build orders for several more months for delivery next year?

I held off on the reservation so I could research a bit more and see a BS in person. My dealer has two coming in that will be used as service dept loaners around early December, so test drive possible then.

If I do order it would be a BL, upgraded wheels, tow package, no other options, X-plan.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I held off on the reservation so I could research a bit more and see a BS in person. My dealer has two coming in that will be used as service dept loaners around early December, so test drive possible then.
Yeah, I'm gonna wait to test drive one... concerned that it might be a bit too snug, but have to wait and see. But package wise, I'll go Badlands+Badlands.. I've had my current vehicle 14 years now, so I don't want to scrimp to save a few bucks, and regret not having some features for the next 10+ years.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Now that reservations I have closed, what's the process for ordering through a local dealer? Can dealers place factory build orders for several more months for delivery next year?

If I do order it would be a BL, upgraded wheels, tow package, no other options, X-plan.
To my knowledge, it's as simple as placing your order through the dealer. From what I experienced is that, I used the Build and price on fords website, then click the get internet price button, select the dealer of your choice, then your configuration gets sent to that dealership which gets into contact to you via email / phone. Then the person who handles all bronco orders will place the order with your configuration for you after paying a $500 refundable deposit.

My awkward stage includes me not wanting to wait long for it, although I would be okay if it were to come in around jan / feb which is what the dealerships told me it may come in. Also leaning on just waiting until they hit the lot at my dealerships so I could see / test drive, also if I do end up purchasing one of those I didnt have to wait until next year to start driving one

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Yeah, I'm gonna wait to test drive one... concerned that it might be a bit too snug, but have to wait and see. But package wise, I'll go Badlands+Badlands.. I've had my current vehicle 14 years now, so I don't want to scrimp to save a few bucks, and regret not having some features for the next 10+ years.
It seems like the popular option is BL+BL just viewing what seems to be stock for the dealerships around me (still to be delivered). It's just the leather might be the deal breaker for me, i dont really like the brown color and I am starting to use less products made from animals type of thing. But there are so many upside to the BL package i haven't ruled it out yet

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
It seems like the popular option is BL+BL just viewing what seems to be stock for the dealerships around me (still to be delivered). It's just the leather might be the deal breaker for me, i dont really like the brown color and I am starting to use less products made from animals type of thing. But there are so many upside to the BL package i haven't ruled it out yet
I'd prefer cloth just due to heat.. but it feels like you either get cloth seats and the AM radio, or leather with everything.. :crackup:

All manual seats would be annoying.. and a lot less adjustable.
Sponsored