Is the 2.0L Direct Injection Only or is it Direct & Port Injection?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
@dreamwrx , that's what I thought.......

I'm really wanting a DI/PI Fuel System. I'm fully aware of the Pro's/Con's of both & the Work Arounds of the DI Only Systems. This alone will most likely make me finally decide that the Bronco Sport isn't for me and that the Bronco would be a better choice (just need for the 2.7L to get a MT mated to it.....). Oh, yes, the absence of a MT option for the Bronco Sport was another issue that I'm having with it. (no need for anyone to go off on the "Take Rate" rant, as I'm Fully Aware of how much of a Rabbit Hole that is....)

Again, thanks!
Bronco engine and transmission options depend upon the trim, 2D v. 4D, and engine (for the transmission). I don't think you can pick whichever engine and transmission you want, but I haven't figured out all of the allowable combos...?

Curious...what workaround for the direct injection engine(s)? The only real solution I'm aware of is getting the engine apart to clean out all the carbon and sludge every what, 50K miles or so? Well...that and I guess a catch can proper break-in and watching the oil changes, what else?
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Pope

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
On the Bronco (not the Sport), the 4 cyl can be selected for "most" of the trims.

The MT is only currently available with the 4 cyl. This in my opinion was a Big Mistake on FoMoCo's part.

The adding of a Catch Can is the work around that I was referring to.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MAD Industries Bronco Sport General Topics 22