fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I want to upgrade the tires but the wife isn’t on board with dropping $1000 when the tires on the vehicle are brand new..

women... they just don’t get it

I agree with her . When I need new tires I will change them out with something more aggressive , but to me they work fine for what we use the BS for & my testing in Sand on the Beach was not an issue .
Sponsored

OP
OP

marcusnc

Outer Banks
First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the good responses. I’ll try the low tire pressure when fall comes and the beach will be open to driving.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
Can anyone tell me if the Outer Banks is beachworthy? It’s not actually an easy question as many vehicles get stuck there from time to time. Next season for beach driving I would like to get a pass, but I would hate to get pulled out. The dealership, in a beach community would not go on record with an answer.
Here is what happens when you take Primacy tires on the beach

Autoblog April 2022
Primacy Tires at the Beach

(ok it’ a not about the tires. But.. When someone says “beach” and “bronco” together I feel compelled to post this cautionary and hilarious sad story reflexively.)

Last edited:

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Is Outer Banks beachworthy? B59657C5-44F2-49E2-9160-2047185EC3B0

Outer Banks for me is just fine on the beach. Even in soft sand I rarely use sand mode.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE