Is Ford Performance ever going to offer a lift kit for the BS BL?

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
Inquiring minds want to know...
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Inquiring minds want to know...
I would be surprised. Every little bit you add to vehicle height adds to its propensity to roll over. Ford already upgraded the suspension for the Badlands, which added an inch or so. Given Ford's history with its SUVs and roll over accidents, my guess is that's about as far as it will go vertically.

OP
OP
SgtT11B

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I would be surprised. Every little bit you add to vehicle height adds to its propensity to roll over. Ford already upgraded the suspension for the Badlands, which added an inch or so. Given Ford's history with its SUVs and roll over accidents, my guess is that's about as far as it will go vertically.

Good point...I remember the Firestone/Explorer debacle

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I don't think Ford offers anything for the Rangers or F150s. So their plan is probably let the aftermarket fill that gap and then Ford is not liable for any roll over law suites.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford sort of had one.
Ford used Mad Industries lift on the pre production Bronco Sports. That lift is now sold by 4 Wheel Parts.
Ford off-rodeo Bronco Sports supposedly also used that same lift.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Most of the ones oem companies use are just rebranded aftermarket ones and a lot more money. They’re usually a complete ish lift shocks, springs, etc like the link above. I’ve never seen one offer a spacer lift. Also do you really want Ford installing a lift on your vehicle. I’m thinking Fords not gonna put out a lift for the BS. It really isn’t their focus. The big bronco is and the ranger/f150. They’re literature, off rodeo, dealers info, etc are all focused on the big bronco. Parts, kits, merch… Hell most shops just have bronco listed and when you say bronco sport no one knows what you’re talking about and then you have to explain it. Even calling Ford, I have a bronco sport. They then proceed to ask is it a 2 door/4 door. It’s a sport. Ok does it have the Sasquatch package 🤦‍♂️. Kind of a rant lol. But Fords marketing hasn’t really helped it stand out as its own platform.
The off rodeo BS/BL are just the oem suspension setup

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I think what is available right now, weather from Ford or aftermarket is probably about all this vehicle is going to get. The Bronco Sport Is just a small Cult following.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
Ford sort of had one.
Ford used Mad Industries lift on the pre production Bronco Sports. That lift is now sold by 4 Wheel Parts.
Ford off-rodeo Bronco Sports supposedly also used that same lift.
the bronco sports at the NH rodeo were bone stock 2021 badlands with the 225/65r17 tires.

Last edited:

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
the bronco sports at the NH rodeo we’re none stock, badlands with the 225/65r17 tires.
Early on at the Ford off-rodeo, some of the BS Badlands were running 30/31 inch tires, they were lifted.​
Ford Bronco Sport Is Ford Performance ever going to offer a lift kit for the BS BL? 1671313010215
Other Badlands that were on display all had the optional 235 Wildpeaks.​

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The Bronco Sport Is just a small Cult following.
I would probably agree that aftermarket options meant to improve off-road capabilities for the Bronco Sport will remain limited, but not because the Sport is a "small cult following." According to carfigures.com, Ford has sold some 317k Broncos, and just shy of 150k Bronco Sports.

I think the reason off-road oriented aftermarket options will remain limited for the Bronco Sport is because off-roading isn't the car's primary mission, and most people who purchase them didn't buy them for that mission.

Mercury Man

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator Honda Element
Eibach is now offering lift and LOWERING spring kits for the Maverick, the Bonco sport shares the same platform so the kits should interchange between the two.
Ford Bronco Sport Is Ford Performance ever going to offer a lift kit for the BS BL? 1671470860856
Sponsored