Is everyone's fordpass remote start/lock/unlock feature down right now?

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
I added and removed my vehicle from "my garage" the other day because It didn't update my mileage through ford.com but did through the app. I added it back and after I did that all the remote vehicle features never came back. I can no longer lock/unlock remote start, or check mileage and health through the fordpass app. I tried master resetting the car and going through the setup process all over again. I never got a prompt to active my vehicle no matter what I tried. I called support and the guy told me their computer systems are partially down right now and nothing is wrong with my car. Have your features been disabled through the app? I really want to get those features back again
Sponsored

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I added and removed my vehicle from "my garage" the other day because It didn't update my mileage through ford.com but did through the app. I added it back and after I did that all the remote vehicle features never came back. I can no longer lock/unlock remote start, or check mileage and health through the fordpass app. I tried master resetting the car and going through the setup process all over again. I never got a prompt to active my vehicle no matter what I tried. I called support and the guy told me their computer systems are partially down right now and nothing is wrong with my car. Have your features been disabled through the app? I really want to get those features back again
Everything seems to be working on mine.

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
darn. Let me know if the remote start doesn't work. I've spent all day trying to fix this instead of working :(
I just started the BS .using voice commands with the Alexa + Ford Pass app Shut it off using the Ford Pass app. No problems. I'm using Android in case that makes a difference

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
one thing to keep in mind is that the fordpass app connects to the vehicle via cellular networks. so if your car is say in a basement parking garage with poor cell reception, fordpass remote start will not work unfortunately. Same goes if the cell network is having issues, if its down, no worky. I think in the USA fordpass runs off AT&T, Canada on Bell.

I often find here that it takes about 1 minute for the app to communicate the command to the car.

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
haha i did the exact same thing, removed it and re-added in hopes it would suddenly provide the points like it has for others. Now i can't unlock/lock or remote start with an error message saying FordPass not responding try again later. Ford gave me the same response too. I doubt it's their system issues though, considering it worked perfect before the remove/add, then not after.

Let me know if figure anything out that works

OP
OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
haha i did the exact same thing, removed it and re-added in hopes it would suddenly provide the points like it has for others. Now i can't unlock/lock or remote start with an error message saying FordPass not responding try again later. Ford gave me the same response too. I doubt it's their system issues though, considering it worked perfect before the remove/add, then not after.

Let me know if figure anything out that works
Oh my! You have almost the same issue! Mine just won't show the activate button after I add it back. I called the Fordpass people and they're basically useless. I'm going to try calling technical support instead tomorrow. Today everyone I talked to just said they ar having issues with fordpass and to just call back when their technical issues are fixed
Sponsored

Last edited: