cgui1971

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have an intermittent noise that comes from the rear passenger area, not real sure where it is coming from exactly. I brought it to the dealership this weekend and it spent three days there and they took everything apart and replaced clips but the noise is back. Don't know what to do about it. Please see video
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The only way to deal with noises like this is to determine the source. The best way to do that is to get help. Have someone else drive your vehicle on the road where you hear the noise the most while you sit in the back seat. Listen carefully to find where the noise is coming from. Start touching things in the area the sound is coming from: the headliner, seat belt buckles, back seat headrests, etc. to see if you can stop the noise.

Once you know precisely what is causing the noise you can eliminate it.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Yep, you'll have to pinpoint it. Asking Ford guys to keep dismantling the car will only add more noises. Don't discount stuff outside the car. Exhaust mounts, roof racks, window vents that are loose... sounds transfer in easily. Check out the jack stowage for secureness? Can't hear anything except bass rumble in that clip.

Pkr22BL

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have that same noise. Same place. I just turn up the radio now and have unfortunately half gotten used to it.

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Yep, you'll have to pinpoint it. Asking Ford guys to keep dismantling the car will only add more noises. Don't discount stuff outside the car. Exhaust mounts, roof racks, window vents that are loose... sounds transfer in easily. Check out the jack stowage for secureness? Can't hear anything except bass rumble in that clip.
When I took delivery of my Badlands back in March, I heard a rattle from time to time - much less frequent and more metallic-sounding in nature than yours - that turned out to be the jack, etc., in that compartment below the rear deck. Might be worth checking. Also sounds like it could be the seat latch on that side perhaps ..

OP
OP
cgui1971

cgui1971

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
When I took delivery of my Badlands back in March, I heard a rattle from time to time - much less frequent and more metallic-sounding in nature than yours - that turned out to be the jack, etc., in that compartment below the rear deck. Might be worth checking. Also sounds like it could be the seat latch on that side perhaps ..

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Same issue for me, except its under the front dash on the passenger side. I used to have them on the A & B pillars as well, but they vibrated away after awhile and havn't heard them since. At least for now.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
There’s a mother-in-law joke in here somewhere.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
My BL is worse than that. Have tons of interior rattles. Front dash, a pillars, rear cargo area and more. Sounds like an old civic. Had a similar sound with the moon roof because it was loose. Fixed that. But I have more rattles at 6k miles in this than I’ve had in the last 100k on my other vehicles. If you have a sunroof try pushing the headliner up right in front of it. I think a lot of it is coming from the headliner

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have an intermittent noise that comes from the rear passenger area, not real sure where it is coming from exactly. I brought it to the dealership this weekend and it spent three days there and they took everything apart and replaced clips but the noise is back. Don't know what to do about it. Please see video
Hello, Cory!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have that same noise. Same place. I just turn up the radio now and have unfortunately half gotten used to it.
Hello there. Could you please send us a message with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into things.

BroncoNamedSarge

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
I have the exact same rattle. BS BB edition. Purchased last year.

I am also afraid to have someone remove those panels. :/

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have the exact same rattle. BS BB edition. Purchased last year.

I am also afraid to have someone remove those panels. :/
Hi Leslie! Go ahead and DM us your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so that I can look into this concern for you. Thank you!

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I don’t know if anyone else has discovered that a piece inside the tailgate is not snapped into place. It was easy enough to do, but was just rattling around. If you open the hatch and look between the hinges and the top of the car, there is a plate that goes all the way across. Mine was just sitting there enjoying it’s freedom. I lined it up and popped it in place.

Tucats

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD Escape SE
The only way to deal with noises like this is to determine the source. The best way to do that is to get help. Have someone else drive your vehicle on the road where you hear the noise the most while you sit in the back seat. Listen carefully to find where the noise is coming from. Start touching things in the area the sound is coming from: the headliner, seat belt buckles, back seat headrests, etc. to see if you can stop the noise.

Once you know precisely what is causing the noise you can eliminate it.
Is it your wife? Is she sitting back there?
Sponsored