• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Texas Installed Side molding question

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How much space is left from the door edge to the beginning of the molding? Thought about running edge molding along edge of door but wasn't sure if it would get in the way of the side molding. My moldings are on backorder.
Sponsored

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
s
How much space is left from the door edge to the beginning of the molding? Thought about running edge molding along edge of door but wasn't sure if it would get in the way of the side molding. My moldings are on backorder.
Almost flush with door edge if you are looking at installing the Ford side molding. I found template hard to use, use so I used the door end to start alignment, then taped it to car and set forward end measuring up from bottom of door at both ends. Finally marked top edge position with tape before gluing. The molding sits down in the recess on the door panels. Some adjustment away from door edge might be possible, but I'd suggest you wait on edge molding until you get side molding. Instructions say to line up the side molding with the door edge radius. If you do that it will not leave space for a door edge molding, but of course you could run door edge down to side molding and then out a piece below. If you are concerned about door edge chips before you get side molding try a removable edge trim so you can take if off later. Good Luck. Finish job looks nice - I added a 1/8" copper pin stripe along the top of the side molding which I think makes side molding look less bulky. My inside trim is the copper.

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Side molding question IMG_E2872[1].JPG

OP
OP

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
s
Almost flush with door edge if you are looking at installing the Ford side molding. I found template hard to use, use so I used the door end to start alignment, then taped it to car and set forward end measuring up from bottom of door at both ends. Finally marked top edge position with tape before gluing. The molding sits down in the recess on the door panels. Some adjustment away from door edge might be possible, but I'd suggest you wait on edge molding until you get side molding. Instructions say to line up the side molding with the door edge radius. If you do that it will not leave space for a door edge molding, but of course you could run door edge down to side molding and then out a piece below. If you are concerned about door edge chips before you get side molding try a removable edge trim so you can take if off later. Good Luck. Finish job looks nice - I added a 1/8" copper pin stripe along the top of the side molding which I think makes side molding look less bulky. My inside trim is the copper.

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Side molding question IMG_E2872[1].JPG
Thanks! Yours looks really nice. Was it that difficult to install? I either read it or heard someone say it is harder than it looks. Do you agree? Also, is the hood scoop and back spoiler simply glued on? Mine is Iconic Silver and I am debating those add-ons also. Your hood scoop looks great. Are you just as crazy about the rear spoiler as the scoop? Thx!

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Thanks! Yours looks really nice. Was it that difficult to install? I either read it or heard someone say it is harder than it looks. Do you agree? Also, is the hood scoop and back spoiler simply glued on? Mine is Iconic Silver and I am debating those add-ons also. Your hood scoop looks great. Are you just as crazy about the rear spoiler as the scoop? Thx!
The hood scoop it dbl sided tap and glued ... not certain on the spoiler

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found the template pretty useless that comes with side pieces. What I posted above is how I lined things up - use blue tape to hold it in place. Trick is to start at the door edge near handle on front door and not use template at front. As others have found the model stickers are never at same height - I was lucky, mine just cleared so I didn't have to move them. Other than that it is easy to install. If you are not handy having a second pair of hands to hold things helps - or get local shop to install it. Note it is a lot bulkier looking close up than pictures indicate, unlike some thinner side bumper strips - much wider than in crease in the doors that it fits into. I did not install hood scoop or rear spoiler - not convinced either adds any functionality and I like lines of car as is.

OP
OP

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I found the template pretty useless that comes with side pieces. What I posted above is how I lined things up - use blue tape to hold it in place. Trick is to start at the door edge near handle on front door and not use template at front. As others have found the model stickers are never at same height - I was lucky, mine just cleared so I didn't have to move them. Other than that it is easy to install. If you are not handy having a second pair of hands to hold things helps - or get local shop to install it. Note it is a lot bulkier looking close up than pictures indicate, unlike some thinner side bumper strips - much wider than in crease in the doors that it fits into. I did not install hood scoop or rear spoiler - not convinced either adds any functionality and I like lines of car as is.
Thank you. Wasn't sure what u meant about yours just 'cleared on the front'?

OP
OP

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Model stickers? I just cannot believe it is too difficult for me to tackle. Dealer wants $250 to do it.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model stickers? I just cannot believe it is too difficult for me to tackle. Dealer wants $250 to do it.
There is a small triangular sticker with the model name on the front doors. These are not the same height even from side to side of the car so the side bumper piece can interfere with them if they were placed too low. Lots of mention on site about these. One reason some people may want dealer to install if they have to move the model sticker -ie. "badlands", "outer banks", big Bend".

OP
OP

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine appear to be about .5 above the crease in door

OP
OP

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Checked model sticker. Mine is .5 above from indentation on both sides. Do you remember your measurement?

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Checked model sticker. Mine is .5 above from indentation on both sides. Do you remember your measurement?
If you measure from the top of the side rocker panel black plastic piece to bottom of sticker I am 11.5" on drivers side and 11.25" on passenger side. When I installed side moldings the drivers side came out right at the bottom of the sticker, the passenger side covered maybe 1/8" or slightly more of sticker. Looks fine and less hassle than removing stickers.

OP
OP

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you measure from the top of the side rocker panel black plastic piece to bottom of sticker I am 11.5" on drivers side and 11.25" on passenger side. When I installed side moldings the drivers side came out right at the bottom of the sticker, the passenger side covered maybe 1/8" or slightly more of sticker. Looks fine and less hassle than removing stickers.
Can they be removed without damaging?

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can they be removed without damaging?
Lots of discussion on forum regarding stickers if search can find it for you. (I never have much luck searching this forum.) Short answer is yes - just stuck on. Issue is if you need new ones or can restick old ones or just leave them off. Not something I was interested in doing as long as they looked ok. Depending on how comfortable you are applying adhesive and getting moldings lined up may be better to go to shop and have them do it. Not hard, but required some patience and skill to get them lined up level, especially if you are doing this alone. It is both adhesive strips and an adhesive caulk so you have to get it positioned right the first time. I have done car restoration work and built furniture so that was my skill level. If you don't already have moldings you may want to find someone who installed them and be sure you like the look - they are much bulkier than pictures indicate. Just depends on look you want.
Sponsored