Loreto1028

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Mexico version
I am wondering if anyone has run into issues trying to import a 2022 Bronco Sport into Canada. We have one down here with Mexican plates and registration but are thinking of selling our place. However the Bronco has like 6000 km on it and we would love to bring it back even with the GST. I sent the VIN to Canada RIV program and they came back and said it doesn’t qualify without a letter from the original manufacturer stated that it meets all 2022 US safety measures. These vehicles were all made in Hermosillo but with different option packages for the US/Canada. They should all be covered under the USMCA pact and I can’t think of a reason all the Bronco Sport Badlands wouldn’t meet the same US safety standards. Any clues?
Sponsored

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I know that 30 years ago I'd see F-150's in Mexico that didn't have reflective taillights. We have a lot of safety and smog requirements here in the US that they don't have in Mexico.

Aviator

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
I am wondering if anyone has run into issues trying to import a 2022 Bronco Sport into Canada. We have one down here with Mexican plates and registration but are thinking of selling our place. However the Bronco has like 6000 km on it and we would love to bring it back even with the GST. I sent the VIN to Canada RIV program and they came back and said it doesn’t qualify without a letter from the original manufacturer stated that it meets all 2022 US safety measures. These vehicles were all made in Hermosillo but with different option packages for the US/Canada. They should all be covered under the USMCA pact and I can’t think of a reason all the Bronco Sport Badlands wouldn’t meet the same US safety standards. Any clues?
I bought an Audi 5000 new from the factory in Germany and brought it to the USA. The main differences then were the glass and side door beams, tail lights and head lights. So every country has their safety requirements.

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
I took my mustang to germany and I could drive it as a Canadian soldier, but for a german to own one (landlords son had a 68 vista cruiser wagon, lol) lights and other things had to be adapted (orange blinkers instead of red/must put on blinker light with key off and it leave a park light on to park at night on the side of a road/etc)

That said, if ALL BS's are built at hermosilla then all the same safety stuff would be there. In Mexico (small sales) they would have safety stuff not required by mexican law. In other words, Ford would build to the highest safety standards required and everyone else gets it too. (like cali emissions put throughout north america)
Sponsored