If your second choice color was available now at a dealership would you go for it?

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
I have a OB area 51 color but if I was younger and more ambitious, I would've ordered the black BL with yellow brake caliper covers to match the BL logo on the sides of the BS. I live in a city where most of the sport teams are black and yellow. Maybe some yellow lug nuts but that might be TOO CRAZY!
Sponsored

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
You’re buying a new car. Get a car you love. Unless there is a critical reason to get it earlier, just wait. You don’t want to have a nagging thought if it not being perfect giving you buyers remorse.
Just my 2 cents.
Agree 100%. If you keep your vehicles for a decade or more like I do...the first year satisfaction of "instant gratification" will wear off long before the 9 years after that of remorseful staring at in the driveway going "damn I really wish I would have gotten the colour I wanted!"

OP
OP

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
I am so torn by this right now. I am trying to decide if should buy my perfect build off of the lot in Area 51, which is not my first color choice, or order and not have my car for many months. The temptation for immediate gratification......
i feel like that too but I figure it’s going to be my personal build and I’ll feel like it was made just for me. Plus I’ll have it for a long time. Of course I keep looking to see what dealers have coming in. It’s so hard to wait.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I just got my build date, May 10. I ordered the Sport Outer Banks with a few package add ins. I chose Area 51 with a navy pier interior. My second choice color was Cactus Grey. There’s one available at another dealership with all the same features I have on my build except for the colors, CG with the ebony/brown interior. Would anyone here go for their second choice if you could get it now?

Have you actually seen the Area 51 color in person? It's very different from how it looks on the Build and Price page on Ford's website. Same with Cactus Gray. So my suggestion would be to hunt down an Area 51, in any trim, and see it in person, make sure you still like it, then decide if you want to wait for your order.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I compromised on the wheel and tire package -- both are replaceable down the road, I keep the savings for now. It was down to Cactus Gray or White for me. I like the Cactus Gray and would have purchased, even though I'm not sure about the GREEN cast to it. But, with really great discounts, the dealership has the BL+BL with everything I wanted on the lot (less the aforementioned wheel and tire pkg.) in WHITE. I swore I'd never do white again -- I'm hopeful better care on my part will help protect it. I might have gone carbonized gray, again, after all (it hides everything), but I think bright colors suit the BS better.

OP
OP

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
I compromised on the wheel and tire package -- both are replaceable down the road, I keep the savings for now. It was down to Cactus Gray or White for me. I like the Cactus Gray and would have purchased, even though I'm not sure about the GREEN cast to it. But, with really great discounts, the dealership has the BL+BL with everything I wanted on the lot (less the aforementioned wheel and tire pkg.) in WHITE. I swore I'd never do white again -- I'm hopeful better care on my part will help protect it. I might have gone carbonized gray, again, after all (it hides everything), but I think bright colors suit the BS better.
I ordered an OB with OB in Area 51. A nearby dealer now has a loaded Badlands on their lot in CG That’s not a 2nd or 3rd color but it’s a Badlands and so tempting now that it’s sitting their.

Allusium7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV, Sports Car
I ordered an OB with OB in Area 51. A nearby dealer now has a loaded Badlands on their lot in CG That’s not a 2nd or 3rd color but it’s a Badlands and so tempting now that it’s sitting their.
Kitty, can you buy the Cactus one near you and I'll get the Area 51. We can meet up in the middle and trade. :)