I just placed an order...

vegasvic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL, Ford F-150, Chevy C-10, '74+'75 Yamaha
A month ago I was in Southern California and my Equinox rent a car had a flat waiting for me in the parking lot. I was mildly put out but then Hertz gave me a Big Bend to drive with only 4000 miles on it. I thought it looked nice but a tad plasticy. I'm 5'10" and 200lbs. I have trouble getting in and out of my wife's Jeep Cherokee but the Bronco was a breeze. Most of my business was along I-10 so I did a lot of gettin' on and off the interstate. Before I knew it was a 1.5L I was pretty impressed with its pick-up and passing ability. Hate the little circle thing to put it in gear. Found myself grabbing the wrong circle thing from time to time and adjusting modes and not gears. Not being from there I took the occasional wrong turn and had to flip a U. Nice short turning radius and enough pick-up to not have traffic catch me. One hitch however. Backing up the car would let out a massive squeal. Scared the shit out of me the first time I heard it because it was dark out and there were lots of old people around. After that it was just annoying. Compared to my F-150 the gas mileage was outstanding.

I have to give my paid-off F-150 to my son so I'm in the market for a new car. I used this forum to check the little sport out. I talked with a couple local dealers and they said if you can find a used Bronco Sport you'll end up paying almost the same price as a new one. So I thought 'what the hell', buy new. Of course if my son takes the truck before the Sport show up...not really sure what id do for wheels.

I ordered a red 2023 Badlands with premium package, tow package, block heater...because I live in South Dakota. I haven't had a car freeze up on me in a long time but when it did, it didn't have a block heater. I wanted the plain looking wheels with the off-road tire but not for another $900. I wanted the 2.0L because sometimes you have to push a little snow to get from A to B and the bigger engine would help. Did anyone else think they put a lot of shit in the packages that should have come with the car with out promoting it by saying "you get this too." You have roof rails but no cross bars? That sort of thing used to be part of having the rails. Manual rear-view mirror? Universal garage door opener? Six speakers is standard?

I'm looking at 6 months they say. They also said the engine cover is suppose to come with the 2.0 engine. They'll provide it if it shows up missing one. I've mixed feelings about this purchase. I've bought new cars before but never actually ordered one. Always took hours before you got the keys. This took about 1 hour and most of that was talking football so that was nice. I was hoping for several pages of options where I'd have to check a box if I wanted it. I wanted to haggle some. I wanted to make them give me one or two options for free. A free diet coke. Nope. Oh well.
Sponsored

DigitalRod50

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Might be sooner. It was 4 months and 4 days from date I ordered till I picked it up. It was a 23 so they didnā€™t even start building them till 1st week in December. So mine was built shipped and picked up in less then a month. Hopefully once it gets scheduled you will get lucky and it will go quickly. Good Luck

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Congratulations on your order. Don't you worry - The haggling comes into play when your order actually arrives. Until your purchase date, the dealer has no reason to talk money. However, you'll more than likely be fighting for things like a price protected MSRP from the date of your order rather than free options, or heaven forbid, a price lower than sticker. The market is strange right now and ordering is even stranger.

Nevertheless, this forum will help you pass the time while you wait. There's a lot of great folks on here and even more great info. Good luck on your order time. Mine took a cool 7 months, 2 of which it was MIA during transport.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
Congratulations! I just placed my order today. I look forward to spending some time with these guys and discussing these vehicles.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Nice write up, having driven a BS loaner and still liking the BS afterwards is a good sign. I went in to my local Ford dealer in Miami to buy a big Bronco. I knew I'd have to wait so I bought BS OB to get by. After driving it for a few months part of which when gas prices spiked made me think the BS was the better buy. I cancelled my order and haven't looked back. The BS OB is great as is, my only problem is I've ran out of mods to add to an already great UV. Good luck on yours and enjoy.

OP
OP
vegasvic

vegasvic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an update on my original thread I've been kept in the loop by Ford thru e-mail.

Order Confirmation 1-2-23
Scheduled 3-30-23
In Production 3-31-23
Built 4-16-23
Shipped 5-5-23

Supposedly its on a train on its way North but no ETA. Dealership says 1-2 weeks.

I've had a thought this last week. If I had ordered a regular Bronco on the cheap instead, say 2-door, manual transmission no extras, I'd be at approx $36K. I think I would have been OK with that. Its not like I'd be buying a vehicle with no interior. I would love a manual transmission. In fact, I'm really surprised its such a rare find in todays domestic automotive market. Why? I would have made a deal with the dealership I'm buying the Sport at for this base model Bronco. I made that pitch this AM and the guy said the only thing matching my search was a build in the Chicago area and that was it. Hmmm, I really wanted the manual.

As I'm cooling my jets I did a little research. A guy with a "hard top" Bronco had his hard top crack due to the cold at -9F. Its a hell of a lot colder than that up here. Then there was the crawling into the back seat. It would be my vehicle so presumably I'd be driving all the time but my wife and friends are all around my age (60yo) and I can't see them crawling into the back. Its not 1975 anymore.

So I guess I just sit and wait for my South-of-the-Border build to arrive.

vic

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
That locking rear differential in Badlands will come in handy during those harsh winters you get up there.

OP
OP
vegasvic

vegasvic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And its here! Actually it hit the Ford dealership yesterday. I was in Chicago when they called me to let me know but what could I do. I came back today but not while they were open and nobody was willing to stay or come in when I got there to do paperwork. Driving back from the airport my son and I stopped at the dealership. My Sport was out back with a baby blue Heritage and a Big Bend.

They now have 5 Bronco Sports on that lot...5 There are so many Bronco Sports in this town.

I have to work 9-1 tomorrow. The dealership told me to come in at 8am to fill out paperwork but the dealership is at least 20 minutes away and I can't take the chance of being late for work. I said 'well could someone be there at 1:30pm when I get there and fill out paperwork?' No, we close at Noon. I said 'Come on, this is a small town, nobody is willing to come in after lunch to sell a car?" No. Can you believe that?

My wife is getting a new hip in Minneapolis so I have to leave Sunday for that and won't get back until next Friday. I'm a little put out that its going to take that long for me to get my vehicle.

vic

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
And its here! Actually it hit the Ford dealership yesterday. I was in Chicago when they called me to let me know but what could I do. I came back today but not while they were open and nobody was willing to stay or come in when I got there to do paperwork. Driving back from the airport my son and I stopped at the dealership. My Sport was out back with a baby blue Heritage and a Big Bend.

They now have 5 Bronco Sports on that lot...5 There are so many Bronco Sports in this town.

I have to work 9-1 tomorrow. The dealership told me to come in at 8am to fill out paperwork but the dealership is at least 20 minutes away and I can't take the chance of being late for work. I said 'well could someone be there at 1:30pm when I get there and fill out paperwork?' No, we close at Noon. I said 'Come on, this is a small town, nobody is willing to come in after lunch to sell a car?" No. Can you believe that?

My wife is getting a new hip in Minneapolis so I have to leave Sunday for that and won't get back until next Friday. I'm a little put out that its going to take that long for me to get my vehicle.

vic
Good luck. Take care. Hope your wife does well.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If I were you I wouldn't post publicly about cars sitting on the lot until you have one in your driveway! :cwl:

Seriously, congrats. Based on the typical response here on the forum, you're going to be very happy with your new car.

OP
OP
vegasvic

vegasvic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the way out of town I stopped for a couple 6am pics.
My son says ā€˜ya know dad, I kinda like the blue one betterā€™. So I said ā€˜good to know you wonā€™t be asking to drive the red one thenā€™. Ha! Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Ford Bronco Sport I just placed an order... IMG_6491

Ford Bronco Sport I just placed an order... IMG_6493
Sponsored