First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I'd sell the boat and the truck and keep the bronco. B.O.A.T. bust out another thousand... I'm biased. Sounds like you opened the wallet with too much time on your hands😂😂
Ding ding ding....we have a winner here
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Rent a slip or dock from a marina for your boat at your favorite lake, then rent a truck (you can rent an F-250 for $130/day at Home Depot) when you need to move it elsewhere.

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Rent a slip or dock from a marina for your boat at your favorite lake, then rent a truck (you can rent an F-250 for $130/day at Home Depot) when you need to move it elsewhere.
Interesting idea! Never even thought home depot would have truck rentals haha. 😅

Last edited:

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm firmly in the rent a truck when you need it camp. I have friends with trucks and I adore them because of how often they help me move things I just can't. Does their everyday lifestyle demand use of their huge truck? Absolutely not. I'm betting you've used your truck to help friends and family pretty often and your own hauling needs don't justify the gas and vehicle price. The boat is great, but how often are you moving it from place to place? Our boat has always been kept in a slip at a marina and we pull it out seasonally for winter.

Sell the truck. Keep the Sport. Rent a truck from Home Depot if you need to move your boat. That fifty bucks a day or whatever totally trumps keeping a truck you don't need and giving up the Sport you're going to love more and more.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
B.O.A.T. bust out another thousand...
One of my hobbies is general aviation, as in single-engine aircraft. Maintenance is pricey, just like boats, mainly because it's specialized and techs require FAA certification. The (not-so-funny) joke in the GA world is every trip to the shop is a 1000 bucks. It's such a widely accepted premise now that many don't even use dollars to discuss costs, everything is valued using Aviation Monetary Units, or AMUs. Can you guess how many dollars an AMU is worth?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
One of my hobbies is general aviation, as in single-engine aircraft. Maintenance is pricey, just like boats, mainly because it's specialized and techs require FAA certification. The (not-so-funny) joke in the GA world is every trip to the shop is a 1000 bucks. It's such a widely accepted premise now that many don't even use dollars to discuss costs, everything is valued using Aviation Monetary Units, or AMUs. Can you guess how many dollars an AMU is worth?
A thousand...while shot in the dark😉 I know the same cycle x100 occurs with medical helicopter maintenance for obvious reasons and liability.

mwright88

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
So I ordered my BS BL Edition back in early February, after 6-7 months of waiting, I've purchased a boat which I already know the BS will not be able to tow (Over 2100 lbs). I am expected to lay my eyes on it, hopefully by the end of next week or the end of the month. So now I have an issue. I currently have a 2014 Ford 150 that can tow my boat just fine. However, I was planning on doing a trade in for the smaller BS.

Now I'm stuck between...

1. Trading in my 2014 F150 and getting the BS, but not having a vehicle to tow my boat. (Maby do a trade in on the BS Later)
2. Keeping my 2014 F150 AND getting the BS, But then not having enough space for 2 vehicles (Also paying insurance etc on multiple vehicles).
3. Trading in my 2014 F150 and getting a 2020+ F150, and basically giving up on my BS I've waited so long for.
4. Keeping my 2014 F150 and giving up on my BS I've waited so long for.

I've been thinking about this ever since I got the shipment email and just can't seem to decide. Anyone else face a similar dilemma, where the wait is so long, your needs have changed and the BS just doesn't fit your needs anymore? I love the BS, but it just can't tow my 20ft boat with it.
do yourself a favor and keep the F150, unfortunateley the BS is not the quality of the f150, and with current supply chain and quality it compromises the build more

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Thanks everyone for their feedback! I think I've decided to just keep the f150 but still get the Bronco as well for my daily and just park the truck on the front lawn for awhile. I'll still drive it every once in awhile to keep it juiced up and have it for the boat hauling. Though ideally getting a newer f150 might be in my plan for next year's budget. I'm now past the estimated delivery time for my BS. So who knows when I'll get it anyways. 😅

Last edited:

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I'm a boat guy, so I get it. I have 4, or 5 if you count a small raft. I have a travel trailer too. I have a Superduty to pull with. Pulling a boat with a small vehicle is a receipe for disaster, and is a slow ride up the hills. I had a Jeep Liberty with a diesel engine that will pull my boat (18' aluminum ski and fish) but I pull it with the Superduty. Much safer. I don't drive the truck much, because it gets about 14 miles per gallon. My BL has averaged 26 mpg for the first 3800 miles, including some off-roading where the average was 20 mpg. Coming back from Moab Off-Rodeo, the average was 32 mpg.

Carmax was buying BL Sports from the dealer and marking them up $6000. The big city dealer added $5,000 dealer markup to stop that. Most folks don't have the paitence to wait for an order. I ordered new for $6,000 less than a Carmax 2021 BL. I bought mine in a small town only 15 minutes away.

I'd keep both. It is really nice to have a spare vehicle when one is in the shop. It does cost more, but your gas savings might pay for the insurance difference.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Well.... lets us know how you like your new sport when you get it. The car shortage isn't ending any time soon so once the sport comes in you'll have a better idea path forward.

But that high option red Badlands will be super nice vehicle so much fun to drive.

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Well.... lets us know how you like your new sport when you get it. The car shortage isn't ending any time soon so once the sport comes in you'll have a better idea path forward.

But that high option red Badlands will be super nice vehicle so much fun to drive.
Ya, I'll still be waiting a few more weeks probably according to my delayed shipment email. 😅
Ford Bronco Sport I have a Dilemma 1660706630651
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cactusjk Bronco Sport General Topics 27
JAD67428 Exterior Modifications 11