HP and torque specs new 6.7 powerstroke

ChrispyKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
I wonder how the chassis tune figures will shake out. I haven't seen those numbers yet.

OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
I know its not "Bronco" but this thread is here already! For anyone interested, the numbers were released. The 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 is rated at 475 hp @ 2,800 rpm and 1,050 lb-ft of torque @ 1,600 rpm

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/09/2020-ford-super-duty-can-tow-a-staggering-37000-lbs-here-are-all-the-diesel-specs-breaking-news/

Those RPMS are key, peak hp at 2800 (down speeding is the name of the game right now). Up the torque at lower rpm = same power for less fuel, though we are fast approaching the limit there

Ok, our ridiculous neck breaking tire chewing 2018 with 935 tq and 450 hp sounds slow now..
I’m in, take my money and sign me up.

OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
I wonder how the chassis tune figures will shake out. I haven't seen those numbers yet.
Slow, pathetic and with too much turbo lag as usual probably...
Hence the reason I don’t buy dually chassis cabs with 11’ body anymore.. slow and lame to drive.
I have found that I can throw a welder, compressor and just enough tools and parts to get by on a F250 long bed with 9’ foot service body and still get the job done.

TeocaliMG

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 f-250 6.9 idi diesel, 2004 jeep liberty sport
Slow, pathetic and with too much turbo lag as usual probably...
Hence the reason I don’t buy dually chassis cabs with 11’ body anymore.. slow and lame to drive.
I have found that I can throw a welder, compressor and just enough tools and parts to get by on a F250 long bed with 9’ foot service body and still get the job done.
This is correct lol, we offer three power options for the commercial segment (diesel) and the most popular BY FAR is the 270 hp which is also our lowest power option. It has most of the same hardware as the class leading engine but it is intentionally detuned. We suspect that commercial buyers prefer the lowest power option because it "feels" the safest/most robust, and there is an element of truth to that. I don't think anyone should have issues with the 475 hp version but if you have a bunch of hired hands punching the throttle on your 10-20k lb. work truck for 500,000 miles its comforting to know they are only "half throttling it"

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
This is correct lol, we offer three power options for the commercial segment (diesel) and the most popular BY FAR is the 270 hp which is also our lowest power option. It has most of the same hardware as the class leading engine but it is intentionally detuned. We suspect that commercial buyers prefer the lowest power option because it "feels" the safest/most robust, and there is an element of truth to that. I don't think anyone should have issues with the 475 hp version but if you have a bunch of hired hands punching the throttle on your 10-20k lb. work truck for 500,000 miles its comforting to know they are only "half throttling it"
That's the same reasoning I would want a larger displacement 3-5L engine for the Bronco that wasn't being pushed near its limit all the time to achieve claimed HP or torque figures. Less boost, less heat, less strain on the engine, more reliability.

TeocaliMG

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 f-250 6.9 idi diesel, 2004 jeep liberty sport
That's the same reasoning I would want a larger displacement 3-5L engine for the Bronco that wasn't being pushed near its limit all the time to achieve claimed HP or torque figures. Less boost, less heat, less strain on the engine, more reliability.
I would clarify that "Limits" is subjective here. The limits of my 6.9 liter V8 for example are not any better than that of the 2.7 ecoboost. Smaller engines can have amazingly high limits, so don't count it out on that alone, the part of the equation you are probably getting at is cost. A small engine can be engineered to be more powerful AND more reliable than a large engine, but it cost $$$ for the better parts/materials/manufacturing. I don't disagree though that i'd like to see some larger options for Bronco, just clarifying that small =/= unreliable.
Sponsored