How will the Badlands suspension impact on road driving?

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Can anyone comment on the revised suspension in the Badlands model for use as a daily driver. Will it ride softer and more floaty or firmer? I’m guessing most people use them on road most of the time.
Sponsored

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
The chatter is that it’s going to be responsive... no official sources there... just the vids and talk I’ve read. I’m a layman... but I test drove a Escape a Titanium a few weeks ago. 2.0 engine... and the drive was great... so I’d imagine the Badlands is going to be off the charts great ride.

OP
OP

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
The chatter is that it’s going to be responsive... no official sources there... just the vids and talk I’ve read. I’m a layman... but I test drove a Escape a Titanium a few weeks ago. 2.0 engine... and the drive was great... so I’d imagine the Badlands is going to be off the charts great ride.
Thanks for the input. I guess I was trying to work out if the softer springs, sway bar, and stronger shocks would be a deficit on normal roads....I also drove a Titanium AWD Escape and thought It handled well but I don’t know how different the off road suspension will be.

OP
OP

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I have a 2008 z71 Tahoe with off-road suspension. Don’t know if this is comparable but it is incredibly smooth on road. It’s rides well on speed curves, bumps, and smooth highway. I guess I would describe bumps as more floaty and swaying as firm...
yes I am guessing it's probably a happy medium as most people will likely drive these on road most of the time.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
I'm going to chime in and say that the Tires will be more of the determining factor on ride quality.

An AT will normally ride smoother than a MT due to the sidewall stiffness.

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I concur, my Ranger with mud tires is more rough and loud than the all terrains. The tread depths on the BL AT's should not be a problem on paved roads. Looking forward to December (or sooner) to test drive one at the dealer.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a Badlands with aftermarket wheels and larger tires, it rides fine, no issues.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Tires: Falken Rubitrek 245/65R/17, Wheels: 17X8 Raceline Scout 947B. Mind you, the Badlands ride is more truckish than car like.

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Tires: Falken Rubitrek 245/65R/17, Wheels: 17X8 Raceline Scout 947B. Mind you, the Badlands ride is more truckish than car like.
Are you saying the ride is more truckish because you changed to this size tire or even stock it is truckish?

Did you do any lift for the new tire size? If not, are you getting any tire rub?

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No lift,. no rub
Even stock the ride is truckish, after all, its designed to accommodate off road use. Truckish isn't bad, go test drive one, its the only way to realize what I'm talking about.

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
No lift,. no rub
Even stock the ride is truckish, after all, its designed to accommodate off road use. Truckish isn't bad, go test drive one, its the only way to realize what I'm talking about.
Thank you for the info, actually I've test driven one and did not really think is was a truckish ride, I guess is all depends on what your used to.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
North 7,
Exactly, depends on what your your used too, and in my case the Badlands rides more like a truck. Are you going to sign up or are you window shoping

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
North 7,
Exactly, depends on what your your used too, and in my case the Badlands rides more like a truck. Are you going to sign up or are you window shoping
Watching and waiting, I never buy first year models.

Legin2000

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I love driving my Badlands with stock rims and tires. Only thing that feels "truckish" about it is the body. The ride is smooth and forgiving. Handling is very nimble. I also have a Chevy Bolt, which has a tight suspension and you keep the tires at 38psi. That thing jostles you around.
Sponsored