How will factory fabric wheel well liners hold up?

OP
OP
Huntyeraws

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
My old Nissan Altima had fabric liners in the rear, they held up fine after 60k miles with New England winters. I expect Ford's liners to hold up just as well for daily driving, although off-roading could be a different story.
A Nissan Altima was designed to be 100% asphalt or concrete...not the BS.
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Honestly, as long as they're secured to the vehicle I wouldn't expect any problem. Becoming detached at all, they might wind around the wheel though, as one poster pointed out. Just keep them hosed out.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
The Engine Compartment Cover under the BS is also made of the same material & its why I would like a Skid plate for it . It appears to need removal when changing Oil/Filter . It is flimsy , I had mine off to retrieve the Brake Fluid Cap that dropped out of my hand when checking it .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Huntyeraws

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
I encourage people on this forum to contact Husky Liners and ask if they plan on making plastic wheel well liners available for the 2021 Bronco Sport models. The more interest there is, the more likely they will design and make them. You can leave your input/request here:

https://www.huskyliners.com/contact-husky-liners

:beer:

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
That's why my post was designed with two sentences; "I expect Ford's liners to hold up just as well for daily driving, although off-roading could be a different story."

OP
OP
Huntyeraws

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
That's why my post was designed with two sentences; "I expect Ford's liners to hold up just as well for daily driving, although off-roading could be a different story."
I got it.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Ford has been putting these in their trucks for a while now. They hold up very well, you can pressure wash them.

OP
OP
Huntyeraws

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Ford has been putting these in their trucks for a while now. They hold up very well, you can pressure wash them.
Sadly, at least two reports of this fabric material being damaged quite easily in the wheel well and in the under carriage. To me, that is disappointing to see and hear for a vehicle being marketed like this.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Sadly, at least two reports of this fabric material being damaged quite easily in the wheel well and in the under carriage. To me, that is disappointing to see and hear for a vehicle being marketed like this.
Well.....they're marketing it as some kind of epic off road vehicle with a bunch of unique characteristics. Marketing is almost always half bullshit. It's a good little light off-road vehicle. They made some compromises for comfort, some for cost, some for weight. This is to me a good compromise for comfort.

VestigeOfHope

Badlands
First Name
Bryndon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The undercarriage liner was the first victim of war on my Badlands (I think I hit a hard patch of snow). I also see it starting to frey around the edges of the skid plate. Today I found the wheel well connectors on my front driver have broken, which worries me cause I think the ECU sits up in there.

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
My 2015 F-350 has the fabric liners. I’m not a fan but so far no issues with them. Of course on the F-350 there is about 14 inches between the tire and liner, not close like the BS. I pressure wash them and they have held up ok.

Barring physical contact/damage they should hold up fine. I do not like that they put the stuff on the belly though. That stuff is just asking to be torn off.

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ditto to those liners being for reducing road noise. Plenty of cars and SUVs use them now. The similar material in the undercarriage is also used to help with road noise and perhaps more importantly for air flow that helps improve MPG. By no means are they they meant to protect anything like skid plates would. Really just for air flow to improve MPG and reduce road noise. At some level, since they cover the metal floor pan, panels also provide some protection against rust (reduces exposure to road salts, etc.). Naturally, not optimal for the off-roading purist... But that's probably what the regular Bronco is there for :)

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
2 reports? With how many vehicles that have these. You’re more likely to write off your bronco sport in an accident than ruin the liner.
Sponsored