Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I went a step further and applied for a Ford Pass Visa credit card. I use it all the time and build up points. I used some of the points for accessories at the dealer. I use more of the accumulated points to have oil changes performed on both of my vehicles. Haven’t spent a penny out of pocket. I realize that many credit cards offer cash back but this is so easy and convenient and I’ve had many people stare at the Bronco credit card.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I went a step further and applied for a Ford Pass Visa credit card. I use it all the time and build up points. I used some of the points for accessories at the dealer. I use more of the accumulated points to have oil changes performed on both of my vehicles. Haven’t spent a penny out of pocket. I realize that many credit cards offer cash back but this is so easy and convenient and I’ve had many people stare at the Bronco credit card.
I read that the points on a FordPass VISA do not expire, do you know if that is correct? If so, that would be a benefit.

My thinking -- just for my wife and I -- is that we'll probably stick with the cards we have. I'd rather have cash (1% to 5% rebates -- typically 1%) than points that can only be spent at a Ford dealer.

That said, IDK the terms of the Ford VISA. If it turns out that the cash value of the points is 2-3% or more, I might change my mind.

Another factor is that some people (including us) do their own maint. and at least some repairs. Also, for the first 3 years/36,000 miles or 5/60,000 most repairs should be covered under warranty.

I guess the bottom line is, if the points are the equivalent of at least (say) a 2% cash rebate and the card owner will use the points (they would have gone to the dealer anyway) then it's worthwhile.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Go on your Ford Pass account from the app. Click on Ford Pass points and all the info is there.

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go on your Ford Pass account from the app. Click on Ford Pass points and all the info is there.
Thanks Jumbo.

I just checked it out and found this:

Ford Bronco Sport How To Use Your FordPass Reward Points for Accessories 1661737520188

I could not find the [*] or whether points earned with the VISA expire, but I there is a lot of info here:
https://www.firstbankcard.com/lynx/api/v1/lynx/soct/FFXN7C8LZW8P5

At this point I think we'll just focus on finding something to spend the 42,000 points ($210) on.

I'd still like to know if it is possible to use points for online Ford purchases, and get the "online discount" our local dealership parts guy mentioned.

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd still like to know if it is possible to use points for online Ford purchases, and get the "online discount" our local dealership parts guy mentioned.
Since my last post, I spoke with the parts guy at our local dealership. He said:

1) Go to https://accessories.ford.com/
2) Find the accessory(s) you want
3) Copy the part number(s) and paste them into https://parts.ford.com/
4) Complete checkout process with "pickup at dealer" selected under shipping
5) Parts dept. will accept FordPass points at time of pickup

He also mentioned a *20%* discount for first time online orders, which he said was another reason to order online -- rather than thru his parts dept.

As a test, I just went through the above steps with a dog harness. Like the rest of the accessories it's overpriced at $100. Unfortunately, the discount was only *10%* ($90).

Also, for some reason, parts.ford.com is telling me the the phone number I've had for 30 years is invalid. So I need to get that straightened out, and ask about the discount.

It does look like that will work though, and save some money (10 or 20%).

Spiker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
You can use your points to purchase accessories online and have them shipped directly to your house from the link below. Click the pay with points at checkout and enter your email and vin # in the box. No need to go to the dealer. 200 points =$1 so 42,000 points for example would be $210.

https://www.theoemparts.com/

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can use your points to purchase accessories online and have them shipped directly to your house from the link below. Click the pay with points at checkout and enter your email and vin # in the box. No need to go to the dealer. 200 points =$1 so 42,000 points for example would be $210.

Thanks Spiker, that sounds good if I can get it to work.

As a test I pulled up an oil filter for our BS BL. The one they show has an odd P/N or 'Product ID': BE8Z-6731-AB. It may be OK, but it's not the number I'm used to seeing.

Also, when I entered the VIN it said "VIN is invalid!" It was a copy & paste, so no chance of typos.

Could be operator error on my part though. I'm curious to hear about the experiences of others.

Spiker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The part number for the oil filter is correct. It’s the Motorcraft one.
Ford Bronco Sport How To Use Your FordPass Reward Points for Accessories 3A8A55C1-AB19-474B-97CB-CD668BFD0E31

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The part number for the oil filter is correct. It’s the Motorcraft one.
Ford Bronco Sport How To Use Your FordPass Reward Points for Accessories 3A8A55C1-AB19-474B-97CB-CD668BFD0E31
Exactly, that's correct.

The only number I saw was BE8Z-6731-AB, I'm used to "FL-910S".

There was no image.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
I tried it an it seems to have worked. I ordered the sun visor and rear deck appliqué. It let me choose pay with points and I had to put in my email address and vin. We will see what happens next.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
So it looks like it may have worked as I received notice from the FordPass app that I redeemed points. Now just waiting for the shipping notification.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Another update. I can confirm this works as my parts are on their way should get them Friday. So, anyone looking to get parts or accessories and use your points without having to go through your dealer can do this.

Tomp611

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I tried it an it seems to have worked. I ordered the sun visor and rear deck appliqué. It let me choose pay with points and I had to put in my email address and vin. We will see what happens next.
Did you receive your order from oemparts.com? Want to know this is a legit website. Thanks.

Tomp611

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend

Did you receive your parts from this website? What was the shipping cost like?

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Did you receive your order from oemparts.com? Want to know this is a legit website. Thanks.
Yes the website is theoemparts.com not oemparts.com
Sponsored