How many Badlands sitting waiting on chip?

Durf

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m curious if anyone knows or is it even possible to find out. I mean I know there’s at least the number of people who special ordered them but one dealer said they were waiting on 6 just for stock. So I’m curious just how many they have sitting just waiting to ship. Knowing there could be more in this year could mean not ordering a 2022.
Sponsored

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford would know but probably wont say. You could go to Mexico with a drone and fly over the parking lots they are in and count them. While your there you can pick up a fancy hat and some tacos :)

If Mexico is not a place you want to visit then your safest bet is to order a 2022 with a refundable down payment so if you don't get one of the 2021's you can still be in the pipe for a 2022. Seems like a better idea to me than waiting until the last 2021 is sold and then ordering behind the thousands of people ordering them this month to get the 1000 bonus cash.

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Add mine to the list, got mine at the beginning of the month at the dealer with possibility of it being here Oct 31st and just got an eta at the end of December

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I’m curious if anyone knows or is it even possible to find out. I mean I know there’s at least the number of people who special ordered them but one dealer said they were waiting on 6 just for stock. So I’m curious just how many they have sitting just waiting to ship. Knowing there could be more in this year could mean not ordering a 2022.
considering how many people on the board said they cancelled their order and found something else, if you multiply that by all thepeople not on the boards I am thinking a whole bunch of those desert cars are now just orderless and will end up as dealer stock in the end. So we might see a dump of badlands to dealers around December/January of the 2021s. Just a guess.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
Mine was on that list. It had one installed this week. Just waiting on shipment

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Add mine to the list, got mine at the beginning of the month at the dealer with possibility of it being here Oct 31st and just got an eta at the end of December
I just realized this is for badlands and mine is an outer banks but I did get an official eta by the end of December

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
So you ordered your bronco the beginning of september?

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford would know but probably wont say. You could go to Mexico with a drone and fly over the parking lots they are in and count them. While your there you can pick up a fancy hat and some tacos :)

If Mexico is not a place you want to visit then your safest bet is to order a 2022 with a refundable down payment so if you don't get one of the 2021's you can still be in the pipe for a 2022. Seems like a better idea to me than waiting until the last 2021 is sold and then ordering behind the thousands of people ordering them this month to get the 1000 bonus cash.
What $1000 bonus cash?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
What $1000 bonus cash?
The $1000 promotion for ordering a 2021 or 2022 before 9/30. October something in some states

Ford Bronco Sport How many Badlands sitting waiting on chip? D7F7C994-58A0-4B04-B88B-542ADCB4499E

Ford Bronco Sport How many Badlands sitting waiting on chip? 07039D03-D674-4384-AC3A-7A57E6A02566

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yes that's the one I was referring too. At the time I was told my dealer would also allow any incentives at the time I paid for the badlands on top of this 1k. We will see if that's true when that day comes.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yes that's the one I was referring too. At the time I was told my dealer would also allow any incentives at the time I paid for the badlands on top of this 1k. We will see if that's true when that day comes.
I was told same About any incentives at time of delivery.

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you ordered your bronco the beginning of september?
I purchased it from my dealer at the beginning of Sept. Is the ETA accurate or will it be here sonner or later?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I purchased it from my dealer at the beginning of Sept. Is the ETA accurate or will it be here sonner or later?
i have heard anything from late October to Christmas Eve for the lot rots. That group had to wait until all 2021s on the line were done before they were going to be brought back into the factory to finish with the chip install. Also some had fuel line problems that had to be fixed under a recall. So I guess it depends on where your dealers one is in the order they are being brought back in for the chip and if they ship the customer orders before they ship the delayer orders.

I custom ordered a 2022 the beginning of September with everything I wanted and color. It had a production week of 11/22. If that holds I might get mine the end of December or in January which works for me.

Last edited:

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
i have heard anything from late October to Christmas Eve for the lot rots. That group had to wait until all 2021s on the line were done before they were going to be brought back into the factory to finish with the chip install. Also some had fuel line problems that had to be fixed under a recall. So I guess it depends on where your dealers one is in the order they are being brought back in for the chip and if they ship the customer orders before they ship the delayer orders.

I custom ordered a 2022 the beginning of September with everything I wanted and color. It had a production week of 11/22. If that holds I might get mine the end of December or in January which works for me.
Since you ordered your 2022 BS BL on Sept. 10th....when did you receive notice from Ford with the production week of your car?
Thanks.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Since you ordered your 2022 BS BL on Sept. 10th....when did you receive notice from Ford with the production week of your car?
Thanks.
I called my dealer on 9/20 since I knew they would start scheduling that week and he was already showing a production week. I then called Ford Marketing and they confirmed the production week when I gave them the VIN I got from my dealer. So 10 days after my order I reached out and got it. I never received an email. Fords emails to me are not working and they cannot figure out why so I am using proactive calling. I am going to call again the first week in November to verify that they production week has not changed and then a couple days before that production week.
Sponsored