How many Badlands sitting waiting on chip?

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
i have heard anything from late October to Christmas Eve for the lot rots. That group had to wait until all 2021s on the line were done before they were going to be brought back into the factory to finish with the chip install. Also some had fuel line problems that had to be fixed under a recall. So I guess it depends on where your dealers one is in the order they are being brought back in for the chip and if they ship the customer orders before they ship the delayer orders.

I custom ordered a 2022 the beginning of September with everything I wanted and color. It had a production week of 11/22. If that holds I might get mine the end of December or in January which works for me.
If that is the case, they are done with new 2021 builds as some of the lot rots have been completed and shipped.
Or they somehow took care of the prioritized lot rots between new 2021 builds. I had complained to my dealer and he contacted the main region contact who put a priority on my lot rod BL. Moved from 19 to 10, which I just assumed was a means to satisfy me for the time being without actually doing anything as I am sure the priority only matters for the initiation of the build.
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
If that is the case, they are done with new 2021 builds as some of the lot rots have been completed and shipped.
Or they somehow took care of the prioritized lot rots between new 2021 builds. I had complained to my dealer and he contacted the main region contact who put a priority on my lot rod BL. Moved from 19 to 10, which I just assumed was a means to satisfy me for the time being without actually doing anything as I am sure the priority only matters for the initiation of the build.
I agree. If it already built, the only thing it might help is prioritize yours over another one ordered from your same dealer, but not even sure it that holds true since it is already built and parked in the group. I read that they were actually doing the chip work etc on the lot rots in their factory shop where they spray in bed liners etc and not back on the production line. Also it seems that they are coming out to shipping in backwards order. That would make sense if they parked them across and deep which would mean that the ones built the beginning of June are deep in the group and they have to work their way to them by doing the end of June ones first. That happened to a Chevy I once ordered a long time ago. Mine was deep in the parking so. I had to wait longer.

ganthercage

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt250
I’m curious if anyone knows or is it even possible to find out. I mean I know there’s at least the number of people who special ordered them but one dealer said they were waiting on 6 just for stock. So I’m curious just how many they have sitting just waiting to ship. Knowing there could be more in this year could mean not ordering a 2022.
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
ordered my Badlands with my Badlands package in February, and was told 4-6 weeks to completion. We all know what happened, and why orders are pushed back, but I have received numerous notifications of push backs, and now they stopped sending me notifications all together, yet every time I check online it’s pushed back even further. I was supposed to get it 2nd week of May, then Last week of June, then no later than the 2nd week of July, and then it jumped all they way to October 14th. This was last week. Checked today for the hell of it and now it says November 3rd. I’ll get my 2021 in 2022 at this point and it’s just sitting around waiting for a chip.

Last edited:

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
I called my dealer on 9/20 since I knew they would start scheduling that week and he was already showing a production week. I then called Ford Marketing and they confirmed the production week when I gave them the VIN I got from my dealer. So 10 days after my order I reached out and got it. I never received an email. Fords emails to me are not working and they cannot figure out why so I am using proactive calling. I am going to call again the first week in November to verify that they production week has not changed and then a couple days before that production week.
Hey gang, Based on Mr. E's report above, I just called my dealer in Mystic CT and found that I, too, have a VIN and a build date of 11/22 for a MY 2022 BL with moonroof & premium package in Alto Blue with the gray roof. Needless to say, I'm pumped, but to anyone reading this thread with a '22 on order, call your dealer - the corporate email channels apparently aren't working properly.

OOPS! Spoke too soon - my email confirmation arrived from Ford late Friday afternoon.

Last edited:

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
ordered my Badlands with my Badlands package in February, and was told 4-6 weeks to completion. We all know what happened, and why orders are pushed back, but I have received numerous notifications of push backs, and now they stopped sending me notifications all together, yet every time I check online it’s pushed back even further. I was supposed to get it 2nd week of May, then Last week of June, then no later than the 2nd week of July, and then it jumped all they way to October 14th. This was last week. Checked today for the hell of it and now it says November 3rd. I’ll get my 2021 in 2022 at this point and it’s just sitting around waiting for a chip.
I’m probably going to be the same way, I got the car at my dealership but they ordered it on 4/10 and it’s been “in production” since 7/12 and I have an estimated delivery of 12/24

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I’m probably going to be the same way, I got the car at my dealership but they ordered it on 4/10 and it’s been “in production” since 7/12 and I have an estimated delivery of 12/24
And this is for an OB btw

Deanh

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
similar boat...ordered Feb 1st...eta bounced all over the place from July to October and now Dec 24...thats 11 months...its been produced already...now its just being slow cooked outside awaiting a chip...grrrrr

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't know the break down of models of Bronco sports but here are Fords, September production numbers for them and overall number built in 2021 so far.
Ford Bronco Sport How many Badlands sitting waiting on chip? Screenshot_20211008-234430_Adobe Acrobat
Sponsored