how long is the break-in period for baby bronco?

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
hello,
havent fully read the manual (and a novice), how long is the safe break-in mileage for BS?
Sponsored

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I remember my dealer telling me not to tow for the first 1,000 miles though the manual would be the best bet.

Uncle bob

Badlands
First Name
Bucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 09 F150 Lariat,69 Lincoln Mk3
Just had my Badlands a week. Thoroughly impressed with the thing.
Any advice on break in ? Running different modes or just drive it like I stole it??

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any advice on break in ? Running different modes or just drive it like I stole it??
Hehe drive it like how you normally drive :)...I just passed 1000+miles today, driven it with Sport mode all the time. Super great on downhill and curves, took my time uphill as i didnt want to stress the engine too much.

Uncle bob

Badlands
First Name
Bucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 09 F150 Lariat,69 Lincoln Mk3
Hehe drive it like how you normally drive :)...I just passed 1000+miles today, driven it with Sport mode all the time. Super great on downhill and curves, took my time uphill as i didnt want to stress the engine too much.
Cool Thanks
I was told by a Ford mechanic do not wind it up then shut down the engine. let it spool down to normal.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My 1976 Camaro had a 305 V-8 with 150 HP. Now I have an I3 1.5 litre with 181 HP. I think the engine is already stressed and seems to handle it well.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I remember my dealer telling me not to tow for the first 1,000 miles though the manual would be the best bet.
I read the manuel it doesn’t say much other then that. I read in a different thread,
No rpms over 4000
No fast starts
Vary speeds as best you can
First oil change at 3000 miles according to a ford guy. The oil change was to get out any fine residue from machining/manufacturing.

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read the manuel it doesn’t say much other then that. I read in a different thread,
No rpms over 4000
No fast starts
Vary speeds as best you can
First oil change at 3000 miles according to a ford guy. The oil change was to get out any fine residue from machining/manufacturing.
Im 2500miles now, 2 more trips to the pacific coast the oil change...im already expecting smoother lube/piston movements :)

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I did my oil at 5000, first 500 miles I stayed below 3,000 rpm. 500 to 1,000 below 4,000 rpm, mostly.....ok 4500...
After that normal driving that's pretty much always below 4,000.

vethawk

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I try to just go "sport" mode while in town and always "Eco" on highways or "normal" mode. I have over 6,000 miles now and I"m avging 27.4 mpg which is better than what the dealer sticker says. I'm pretty happy

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
My OB has way more pickup than my 3.5L edge or any other vehicle I have owned. I feel like I'm holding back until I hit that ocd number of 1000 miles. I'm 12‰ there running inconsistent speed and no jack rabbit starts.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Cool Thanks
I was told by a Ford mechanic do not wind it up then shut down the engine. let it spool down to normal.
Always a good idea with any turbocharged engine, shutting the engine down (and oil pump) while the turbo still wildly spinning isn't good.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Always a good idea with any turbocharged engine, shutting the engine down (and oil pump) while the turbo still wildly spinning isn't good.
Question on this ... through my employment history. Ive driven a LOT of turbo vehicles and machines... most diesel and heavy equiptment ... but it has always been my understanding that you should always give a vehicle about 5 seconds of idle to wind up at start and down before turning off..

That said -Is that just oldtimer thinking i picked up from them concerning older vehicles ... bc the auto stop/start (which i always turn off) doesnt seem to follow that thought....
Sponsored