• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Hood Struts

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Thanks everybody. I bought and just installed the struts. Is anyone concerned that the left( passenger side) attachment point might rub against the windshield washer delivery system?
Yeah, with the extra lift that tube is just barely there. On mine, I was able to pop it off the notch on top of the reservoir and create some slack. I had to unwrap that foam piece and move it 1-2" too. Can't ask Ford to give you one more inch of tubing. Who knows how much cash that would eat up!
Sponsored

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
My OB was built in june and had extra slack in the washer hose when I installed hood struts.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210625_204136

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210625_204216

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210625_204209

Last edited:

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
It's it odd how easy this install was? What do you think these square punched holes were for in the design?

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Yea but, isn't odd that an aftermarket company had to sell them to us?
Accounts got involved after engineering. The fact that the lower hood frame has them pre-stamped doesn't surprise me because that frame is probably the same on more than just the escape body class vehicles. Leaving the stamping in probable save 0.5 oz of metal.

dhaas06

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL/BL
Adding to feedback for the Redline Tuning hood struts, I installed the $100 black ones over the weekend and am super impressed with the quality and ease of installation. I think what I'm most excited about is the impact to hood vibration – it was bad enough before that I couldn't stop seeing it in my lower vision at highway speeds, and now it's reduced enough I don't notice anything anymore. Well worth the price right there, the actual improvements for opening the hood are bonus in my book.

wht1986

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
After an 1600 mile road trip I can say the struts help with hood vibration. They do not solve the problem, they just help reduce the problem. In my opinion by about half.
i can confirm this as well, i installed some yesterday. hit 80 on the way to work this morning and i would say hood vibration was about half what it was
Sponsored