Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Eliminating the 2nd latch by having the double pull inside latch is brilliant! Not sure why every vehicle doesn't have this great feature! No messing around searching for the secondary latch that are sometimes impossible to find!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The secondary latch is still there, it's just actuated by the same control as the primary latch. Yes that was my point, I should have said release both latches in one location without searching under the hood. I've seen some guys with huge hands that couldn't even fit their fingers under the partially open hood.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Now that is cool! I must check & see if this is how it works on the explorer now. I thought I just pulled the latch inside & then found the secondary latch under the hood as you’d always done. So at least on the BS, pulling the hood release inside should undo both?

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Now that is cool! I must check & see if this is how it works on the explorer now. I thought I just pulled the latch inside & then found the secondary latch under the hood as you’d always done. So at least on the BS, pulling the hood release inside should undo both?
Yup, 2 pulls and hood opens!

Reactions: MJE

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I just realized what a great feature this is. Getting ready to head south for a few months I filled the DEF in our Sprinter and realized I should do the wiper fluid too. Once I was doing that I figured I’d also fill my wife’s Explorer and my BS. I needed my phone flashlight to find the second latch on the Sprinter and Explorer. What a treat to just pull the BS hood release handle twice! Nice job Ford :thumbsup:

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
Has any had issues with the latch? Opened mine today, won’t close fully now, only catches only safety latch, seems a pin broke. Hood doesn’t close fully. Part ordered. In all my years of driving I have never experienced an issue with a hood latch. ‘21 Big Bend, had since April ‘21.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Has any had issues with the latch? Opened mine today, won’t close fully now, only catches only safety latch, seems a pin broke. Hood doesn’t close fully. Part ordered. In all my years of driving I have never experienced an issue with a hood latch. ‘21 Big Bend, had since April ‘21.
Nope. Not me.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Love it!

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Zero problem here.

WpgCory

Big Bend
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bonco Sport Big Bend
i am honestly so used to the single plug and looking for the latch that it took me a few moments to realize it didn't have it and i had to pull the release again.

I do agree that ford needs to include this in other vehicles.
Sponsored