Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I know there has been a lot of debate about a hood protector. I just received my first rock chip right in the front edge of the hood. My eyes go to it every time I enter the garage. Now I'm thinking about a hood protector. I know vibration at highway speed has been talked about, that would be something I could not tolerate. Any new information on what models are best and any other opinions. I used to buy leather bras for all my vehicles, but it seems they have went out of fashion, only available for the Explorer.
I have the Ford one. No change in ridiculous hood vibration at freeway speeds. It's so bad I've had passengers ask if that was normal. Of the 20 or so Ford's I've had this is the only one that does it. Reminds me of some of the old Mopars I've had. Hood pins were required for safety 🤣.
Sponsored

DosJotas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I know there has been a lot of debate about a hood protector. I just received my first rock chip right in the front edge of the hood. My eyes go to it every time I enter the garage. Now I'm thinking about a hood protector. I know vibration at highway speed has been talked about, that would be something I could not tolerate. Any new information on what models are best and any other opinions. I used to buy leather bras for all my vehicles, but it seems they have went out of fashion, only available for the Explorer.
I got the Auto Ventshade Store [AVS] Aeroskin II Hood Protector since may and I'm happy with it. No vibrations so far.

westcoaster818

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I have the Ford one. No change in ridiculous hood vibration at freeway speeds. It's so bad I've had passengers ask if that was normal. Of the 20 or so Ford's I've had this is the only one that does it. Reminds me of some of the old Mopars I've had. Hood pins were required for safety 🤣.
My 2023 badlands has zero hood vibrations at 80mph

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My 2023 badlands has zero hood vibrations at 80mph
I wonder if they changed something? I have the hood insulation, checked adjustments and bump stops. It's annoying and may eventually become a problem. Aluminum flexing thousands of times will probably crack at some point. After warranty of course 🙄

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Ours came with the Ford model pre-installed, so no choice - it was already "glued"on. Originally wasn't a fan, but it has grown on me, appearance-wise.

I then took it directly to the St. Louis area Xpel PPF installer and had the hood, both front quarters, and A pillars done. It has help up wonderfully and definitely taken a few hits for us. I wish I had spent the money to put the Xpel on the entire vehicle. I did have them ceramic coat the whole vehicle, and it still looks brand new. We have the luxury of it being garaged and my wife now works from home. We have had it since the end of October 2022 and it has less that 6,000 miles. That helps!
Sponsored