First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
Check out this amazing rack we got from Hobbs Off-road. This rack flows amazing with the roof line and has lots of potential to hold lots of cargo for overlanding, offroad gear, or just rolling around town. Check out this quick video we made at the car wash. We also have a install video on how easy it is to install. You don't have to remove the stock side rails. This kit bolts right to the stock hardware.

We also have some more accessories we will be adding to this rack as you can see we have added some pod lights, a light bar, and some recovery boards.

Visit Hobbs Off-road Roof Rack

Ford Bronco Sport Hobbs Off-road Overlanding Roof Rack Screen-Shot-2021-08-22-at-8.16.20-PM
Sponsored

OP
OP
jkbronco

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
Did this rack have any effect on your mpg?
Maybe 1-2 down from factory but still get 25-28 depending on conditions and speed.

KJB22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Does this actually raise Fords listed dynamic rate weighting for the roof? I saw this rack claiming 250lbs dynamic.

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
Does this actually raise Fords listed dynamic rate weighting for the roof? I saw this rack claiming 250lbs dynamic.
It should lower it. The dynamic weight limit is based on rollover chance. So the heavier the rack, the less weight limit you have left over for dynamic.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Nope Yakima ones are a good couple hundred dollars cheaper.
I wish that were correct, but it is not. Yakima LockNLoad Platform that fits the bronco sport is $800, plus a set of 4 timberline towers needed to mount it ($245) and 4 mounting adapters ($40) = total of $1085.

Even if you have cheap crossbars from Amazon or something and don't need the towers, you'll still need the $100 crossbar clamps, which puts you at $900 plus whatever you paid for your crossbars.

tl:dr = no they are the same price

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2010 Limited
I wish that were correct, but it is not. Yakima LockNLoad Platform that fits the bronco sport is $800, plus a set of 4 timberline towers needed to mount it ($245) and 4 mounting adapters ($40) = total of $1085.

Even if you have cheap crossbars from Amazon or something and don't need the towers, you'll still need the $100 crossbar clamps, which puts you at $900 plus whatever you paid for your crossbars.

tl:dr = no they are the same price
A quick good search showed me $699 for the lock n load platform.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i still say the spider roof rack is still the best looking one, but after shipping, duties, taxes its $$$.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2010 Limited
Status
Not open for further replies.