Dave B

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I started up the BS tonight, since my wife’s been working from home, it’s not really going anywhere. Anyways, after a couple minutes, the windshield had a section where it meted the snow. It must have some heating strips to keep the camera clear. Just something new, compared to any of our other cars.
Ford Bronco Sport Heating strips in windshield to keep the camera clear D81E37E1-608D-47B3-AAB7-15F9FB471031
Sponsored

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Interesting...
This makes me think: why don't cars have ANY heating areas on the windshields? Will they obstruct the vision that much? I mean if you didn't see those wires with your naked eye, why not do it for the whole windshield?

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Interesting...
This makes me think: why don't cars have ANY heating areas on the windshields? Will they obstruct the vision that much? I mean if you didn't see those wires with your naked eye, why not do it for the whole windshield?
Land Rover does at least the 2004 Freelander SE did. Really fine lines in the windshield but worked great in Northern Iowa for 100K

OP
OP
Dave B

Dave B

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Interesting...
Years ago, Crown Victoria’s use to come with a heated windshield, they had a gold tint to them, but they were expensive to replace. Maybe it’s been cost savings to a point, but now technology makes it necessar.

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I'm wondering if the heated windshield wiper elements are in all windshields. Allegedly the Canadian market models got it as a standard feature...

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm wondering if the heated windshield wiper elements are in all windshields. Allegedly the Canadian market models got it as a standard feature...
Per the Canada Order Guide, all models in Canada have windshield wiper deicer as standard, along with rain-sensing wipers. Only Outer Banks model has these in the US.

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Per the Canada Order Guide, all models in Canada have windshield wiper deicer as standard, along with rain-sensing wipers. Only Outer Banks model has these in the US.
But allegedly the Ford Escapes had the same feature in some trim packages and people learned that all Escapes had the windshield and it was a ForScan coding away - so now I wonder what surprises we will learn.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Wait what??? They also all get the signature lighting standard. I didn’t know about the deicer and rain sense though! Not fair :/

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
But allegedly the Ford Escapes had the same feature in some trim packages and people learned that all Escapes had the windshield and it was a ForScan coding away - so now I wonder what surprises we will learn.
Please oh please ??

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Wait what??? They also all get the signature lighting standard. I didn’t know about the deicer and rain sense though! Not fair :/
And for those keeping score at home, Signature lighting includes LED headlamps.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
At least in the US, windshield wiper deicer has been completely eliminated from ‘21 Escape and Edge.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
Interesting...
I would guess we have some federal law from 40 years ago that says you can’t have it on front windows.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The First Edition also has the windshield de-icer as standard, but not the rain-sensing wiper.

Deleted member 2781

Land Rover does at least the 2004 Freelander SE did. Really fine lines in the windshield but worked great in Northern Iowa for 100K
Yes! I had a 2001 Freelander and the heated windshield was one of the best features. Really wish more manufacturers adopted this or at least offered it as an option. I've missed it on every vehicle since.
Sponsored