Headlight bulb size

Bronco18

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB Bronco Sport
I am wondering what the low beam light bulb size is. I might want to upgrade in the future.
Sponsored

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Wait so we have to replace the whole $1800 headlight assembly when a bulb burns out?

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
Thankfully LEDs are efficient and can last (basically) forever. I'd hope there is some form of factory warranty if they don't make a certain threshold of run time.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Most of the BS lighting is LED and is not serviceable.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Thankfully LEDs are efficient and can last (basically) forever. I'd hope there is some form of factory warranty if they don't make a certain threshold of run time.
Its covered under the factory 3/36 but can be extended with the lighting protection add on if you buy a Ford extended warranty.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I actually just started reading about this in the manual and was surprised to find out they're non-servicable. I've never had a vehicle where you can't just swap out a dead bulb for a new one before.

Do you guys think me writing my Oracle LED letters into the headlights would void any warranty coverage if one happened to burn out? That price tag for even a single headlight is excruciating. Really hope nothing ever happens.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Do you guys think me writing my Oracle LED letters into the headlights would void any warranty coverage if one happened to burn out? That price tag for even a single headlight is excruciating. Really hope nothing ever happens.
It's certainly possible. The New Vehicle Limited Warranty lists items not covered (pg 13 in the 2022 MY guide). Below is a partial quote:

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
  • alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis, electronics or their components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company
  • the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part or software (other than a certified emissions part or software) or any part or software (Ford or non-Ford) designed for off-road use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail.
You are protected from Ford applying these exclusions frivolously by the Magnuson-Moss Act. The Act essentially prohibits a manufacturer from denying warranty coverage unless it can be proven a customer's action resulted in damage prompting a claim, and that prohibition carries a fine. The upshot is, however, that a manufacturer can simply claim your modification resulted in damage and it would then be up to you to prove otherwise.

Your best bet in these situations is to make sure whatever modification you make during your warranty period is easily reversed. That way you can remove the mod prior to taking your car in for a warranty claim. In the case of your mode, I would look for a premade harness (or make one myself) that prevents cutting or tapping into existing wiring.
Sponsored