Has anyone had a side window replaced?

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Has anyone had a side window replaced? I have a scratched rear side window. Is it a big job replace? I am wary of trading scratches on the window for damage on the door trimm.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just my two cents...if it's a blemish and manageable...I'd report it to your dealership and "live" with it as long as you can while parts are hard to come by

OP
OP

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Just my two cents...if it's a blemish and manageable...I'd report it to your dealership and "live" with it as long as you can while parts are hard to come by
It is several small scratches. The dealer has ordered the part, so I will probably let them fix it. I just don't want to trade one cosmetic issue for another.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Gotcha yeah that's a no brainer. If the dealer is fixing it I doubt they will create a new issue...and should they...I'd guess it's theirs to fix. Windows seem fairly straight forward.

Lubbock123

Big Bend
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have many small “freckled like” scratches only on the window. It’s my passenger side. They go all the way up and down the window and under the lip, almost like tree sap but scratches.
I tried to have Ford warranty it out as a faulty window, but they declined. Is this what yours looked like? If you don’t mind me asking, how much was a new window?!

OP
OP

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I have many small “freckled like” scratches only on the window. It’s my passenger side. They go all the way up and down the window and under the lip, almost like tree sap but scratches.
I tried to have Ford warranty it out as a faulty window, but they declined. Is this what yours looked like? If you don’t mind me asking, how much was a new window?!
My dealer was useless. They ordered a replacement window and then said that one was also scratched, so called Ford for another one. I am not sure of they were just trying to BS me. I need to call them and follow up.....vertical scratches can be caused by grit stuck in the soft edge that protects the glass against the door. I had it on my last car.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
How deep are the scratches? If they aren’t super deep, like enough to catch a fingernail in you should be able to polish them out.

I’ve had great luck using CarPro Ceriglass on previous cars. Just using that with a rayon pad on a drill with a backing plate adapter has done the trick for me.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone had a side window replaced? I have a scratched rear side window. Is it a big job replace? I am wary of trading scratches on the window for damage on the door trimm.

I had my driver side rear window replaced for scratches a couple weeks ago. It goes back Thursday to have the window trim repaired or replaced since it was damaged and no longer attaches to the inside of the door. Also, they are looking at the driver seat belt since it rattles on some highways and being right next to my ear, it can be really annoying. Hopefully everything gets fixed without them having to keep the car long or me having to go back again…

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Usually glass is attached to window lift with two bolts. Once inner door panel removed two bolts remove replace.

Tones1975

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
My wife just took her sport in for the drivers side rear quarter window glass to be replaced due to vertical scratches. They called mid day today saying they had broken the trim piece while doing the re and re today and now they will be keeping the bronco for 10 days as its not drivable???? WTF? Not drivable? Put some tape on it and let us have it while you figure out parts. No offer of a loaner or rental. BS
Sponsored