Hail Storm, Cheyenne, WY. June 18, 2021.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

OP
OP
Jason Petri

Jason Petri

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonpetri.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah. The hood definitely got the worst of it. I got a moving blanket on it pretty quick so I was surprised how much damage it took so fast.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ouch. Looks like my old escape after a nasty season of acorns. Hope it can get resolved.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
20 years ago I was waiting for my Porsche Boxter on a board much like this. We could watch the lot at the plant where completed cars awaited shipment. They had a hail storm that made a lot of dents to the cars on the lot but luckily for me mine had shipped. There were a lot of unhappy owners who knew their car was damaged and would get body work before they ever drove it.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How about that "military grade" aluminum Ford advertises? And it can dance, too! :sunglasses: We recently had baseball size hail and 70 mph wind. Many autos were totaled. Had a new roof put on my house while I am in NM. Having difficulty to get someone out to replace broken windows.

DonBennett69

Big Bend
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 SuperDuty
Yeah, I heard about this storm from my daughter last evening. They live up in Hawk Springs, north of Cheyenne, and have been getting the thunderstorms also.

Send some of that moisture over to SW WY. It's dry as a bone over here.

BTW, I'm picking up my BS BB tomorrow in Diamondville, WY, six months to the day from when we put in the order. I'll post pictures when I get it fixed up.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
How about that "military grade" aluminum Ford advertises? And it can dance, too! :sunglasses: We recently had baseball size hail and 70 mph wind. Many autos were totaled. Had a new roof put on my house while I am in NM. Having difficulty to get someone out to replace broken windows.
Right? That's a joke. None of that stuff is ordered to a MIL spec. The only stuff that is, is actually used as military cladding/armor. That's just a hot word used as a marketing ploy. Oh hey 5XXX alloy is used in tanks, oh 5XXX alloy is used in my car/truck...

I work for an aluminum manufacturer. I hate seeing that term thrown around on everything - or "Aerospace grade"... :rolleyes:
Sponsored