jrsj70

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ordered a set from Tire rack,$338 delivered.Easy to install,but i installed and removed the RC kit a few months back.The height increase is 1.25 inches,measured before and after.No odd noises from the install.Test drive seems smoother over the bigger bumps and the same ride over the small imperfections.Haven't had a chance to go off pavement yet.I really liked the look of the RC lift but the strut noise was unacceptable.This option is priced right and should be great quality made in germany.Off to the alignment shop again!
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
interesting. glad you are liking them, and hope to hear some long term thoughts on them.
keep us posted!

BkBronco

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Do you think it would be possible to run both these springs and a RC or similar spacer type lift??

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
Ordered a set from Tire rack,$338 delivered.Easy to install,but i installed and removed the RC kit a few months back.The height increase is 1.25 inches,measured before and after.No odd noises from the install.Test drive seems smoother over the bigger bumps and the same ride over the small imperfections.Haven't had a chance to go off pavement yet.I really liked the look of the RC lift but the strut noise was unacceptable.This option is priced right and should be great quality made in germany.Off to the alignment shop again!
Where did you buy them from?

OP
OP

jrsj70

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Do you think it would be possible to run both these springs and a RC or similar spacer type lift??
Maybe,the problem is gonna be the angle of the strut and the axle.This combo would be 2.75 inchs of lift,In my opinion it would be max if it worked.Just wait someone will make a complete kit 3-4 inches of lift

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tirerack.com
My bad. Read it in the original post. I may be losing multi-tasking!

Have you tried to shake it up it up a bit by some slight/medium, left/right steering changes? Just thinking of increased body roll. Looking forward to some heavy angulation reviews if you are so inclined (pun intended). This is so fun!

Last edited:

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
After reading the info on Tirerack and HR springs, it's a mild lift of 1.2 inches front and 1.2 inches rear.
Decent price, comparable to spacer lift pricing.
It excludes Badlands and First Edition models.

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After reading the info on Tirerack and HR springs, it's a mild lift of 1.2 inches front and 1.2 inches rear.
Decent price, comparable to spacer lift pricing.
It excludes Badlands and First Edition models.
I think this may be what I was waiting for. The first lifts seemed to have issues. Please post your next experiences.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Do you happen to have a link to these at tirerack.com? I looked on the site, but the only suspension components listed for the Bronco Sport is Readylift SST lift kit.

OP
OP

jrsj70

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Not for badlands or first edition

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Looks like an interesting way to go. I would prefer this to spacers. No other hardware needed? Link spacers or anything? Just plug and play with existing suspension components? Interesting.

OP
OP

jrsj70

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Plug and play yes,but if you do the install yourself you need a set of strut spring compressors(auto zone $39.99)they worked great.Also plan on an alignment.The local tire shop set mine to 2020 escape specs back in Apr. when I installed and removed the RC kit,must have been the correct specs 15,000 on the nitto tires wearing fine.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My main worry with just replacing the springs would be changes in the suspension geometry that could result in adverse shock response. Suspension engineers spend a good deal of time matching spring height and rate with shock damping. In some cases the shock damping rate is different at different extension points.

With the lift kits I've seen you are simply putting a spacer between the top of the spring mount and the unibody, so there shouldn't be a change in suspension geometry.
Sponsored

Last edited: