Bill S.

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
I participated in the New Hampshire Off Roadeo on June 9th and wanted to echo what's been said before - it's a nice day, great way to see some of what the Badlands trim can do, and just generally fun. I'm blown away by Ford's investment in these events. The buildings, fleets of vehicles, pro guides and staff, catering, even live music at dinner. Pretty impressive.

There were a couple of Big Bronco groups of 17 Broncs each out on the trails. There were three vehicles in the Sport group, and we used different trails. We got lots of driving, very little waiting. Our guide was great. Professional, patient, very knowledgeable, A+ all around. We tried out the various Badlands features at different points, but the Sports would have made the whole day in Normal mode, I think, with very little drama.

We were provided boxed lunches at the top of the long ski lift. Note - pay attention to the weather. It was cool and rainy. That translates to pretty cold on the rides up and down. Dinner was catered in the Bronco building, communal tables. Gas fire pits outside for socializing afterwards, and a coincidental Bronco Nation visit.

I asked about the attendance difference of Big Broncs v Sports. They sell reasonably similar numbers according to Ford Authority. Seems Sport buyers are less outdoor or off road oriented than big Bronco owners and don't sign up for the Off Roadeo. If you have an excuse to be near one of the sites when they're offering the Off Roadeo, it's a good experience and interesting perspective on what the Sport can do.

New Hampshire lacks the dramatic Moab landscape. It does have the White Mountains and picturesque scenery though. If you go to NH, pay attention to the weather and bring bug spray. If you never heard about the NH state bird (Maine claims the same critters), you will learn soon enough. I also managed to catch a couple of ticks crawling on me.

Below are a couple of pics of White Mountain scenery (not at the Off Roadeo), Jordan the Guide doing her thing, the Sports surrounded and outnumbered, and half my face. There were two other rows of big Broncos in the parking scrum on the way up, but it was actively raining and I was actively not digging out my iphone on the ski lift. Jordan regularly walked ahead and talked to us about the terrain ahead and the Sport features and capabilities appropriate to the need.

Safe travels and hope you all enjoy your Sports!

Ford Bronco Sport Gunstock Mountain, New Hampshire, Off Roadeo IMG_0349.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport Gunstock Mountain, New Hampshire, Off Roadeo IMG_0351.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport Gunstock Mountain, New Hampshire, Off Roadeo IMG_0353.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport Gunstock Mountain, New Hampshire, Off Roadeo IMG_0354.JPEG

Sponsored

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I participated in the New Hampshire Off Roadeo on June 9th and wanted to echo what's been said before - it's a nice day, great way to see some of what the Badlands trim can do, and just generally fun. I'm blown away by Ford's investment in these events. The buildings, fleets of vehicles, pro guides and staff, catering, even live music at dinner. Pretty impressive.

There were a couple of Big Bronco groups of 17 Broncs each out on the trails. There were three vehicles in the Sport group, and we used different trails. We got lots of driving, very little waiting. Our guide was great. Professional, patient, very knowledgeable, A+ all around. We tried out the various Badlands features at different points, but the Sports would have made the whole day in Normal mode, I think, with very little drama.

We were provided boxed lunches at the top of the long ski lift. Note - pay attention to the weather. It was cool and rainy. That translates to pretty cold on the rides up and down. Dinner was catered in the Bronco building, communal tables. Gas fire pits outside for socializing afterwards, and a coincidental Bronco Nation visit.

I asked about the attendance difference of Big Broncs v Sports. They sell reasonably similar numbers according to Ford Authority. Seems Sport buyers are less outdoor or off road oriented than big Bronco owners and don't sign up for the Off Roadeo. If you have an excuse to be near one of the sites when they're offering the Off Roadeo, it's a good experience and interesting perspective on what the Sport can do.

New Hampshire lacks the dramatic Moab landscape. It does have the White Mountains and picturesque scenery though. If you go to NH, pay attention to the weather and bring bug spray. If you never heard about the NH state bird (Maine claims the same critters), you will learn soon enough. I also managed to catch a couple of ticks crawling on me.

Below are a couple of pics of White Mountain scenery (not at the Off Roadeo), Jordan the Guide doing her thing, the Sports surrounded and outnumbered, and half my face. There were two other rows of big Broncos in the parking scrum on the way up, but it was actively raining and I was actively not digging out my iphone on the ski lift. Jordan regularly walked ahead and talked to us about the terrain ahead and the Sport features and capabilities appropriate to the need.

Good review and pics! My brother and I drove up last September and camped 3 nights, at the on site camp ground. The day after we did the Off-Roadeo we drove some of N.H.'s Class 6 Roads and that was quite an adventure. There are a number of videos on YouTube of other people doing some of the class 6 roads. There were 4 cars in our group and 5 the next day.

BustinBroncos

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS Heritage, 2022 F-150 FX4, 1993 F-150
That looks awesome! We were hoping to be able to do NH, but our invite is only for Texas or Moab. Not sure yet if we are going to accept it. Sure does look like fun though!

Thanks for your review!
v/r,
jason

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
NH guy here, thanks for coming and enjoying our state. Bummed I wasn't able to make the Roadeo!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Awesome pictures and videos. Thank you for sharing!

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
Thanks for the great pictures!! I did this last September and was really blown away. It looks like you got a wet day. I kind of wish I did as well for the mud factor however there was still a bit of messy mud from some rain a few days before. I was amazed at the terrain we went through even with the Pirelli Scorpion tires.